OK Here's the Deal (Coaching Changes)

TheColonyEagle

19 minutes ago, wardly said:

I didn't say that it might be time for both parties to go their separate ways. But to say " nothing personal" is bull shit. When you terminate an employee you not only affect them and their career you also are impacting their family. In addition, " It's for the greater good" is bull shit also.

The $10 million or so he’s collected over the last 7 years and the nice check he would get as he left should help lessen the blow for him…..

I think the stress for Littrell would be a tad bit different than an average guy getting let go. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

What about 'em?

That NFL franchise just made a former player that has never coached a day in his life at any level their new head coach. 

At least Dilfer has some coaching experience, albeit HS. But he's also coached QB camps for over a decade. And it's not the NFL or a megaP5 brand. 

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

At least Dilfer has some coaching experience, albeit HS. But he's also coached QB camps for over a decade. And it's not the NFL or a megaP5 brand. 

Sounds like Dodge, although Dodge had more coaching experience.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, outoftown said:

You say that and I think that is a reasonable way to see it. However one could also say that things were improving and trending in the right direction.

More importantly, that team still beat NT. By 31 points. That happened. And it is as much part of the season as NTs 5-3 conference record.

NT has a 6-2 conference record. that loss sucks. I think there is an expectation from ADs that if you cannot win conference games, it’s time to go, regardless of overall record.

ADs have a short fuse for that stuff because they have to see the same opponent ADs year after year. I’m sure at an AD level, that becomes a bit of a competition when you work with them on a day-to-day working level.

6 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

That NFL franchise just made a former player that has never coached a day in his life at any level their new head coach. 

He's an interim for a few more games. Different than signing a guy to a 5 year contract. I'll be surprised if Jeff Saturday ends up the guy for the next few years.