Worried About Our Fire Power...

gordo nation

Well guys, last weeks win was a little underwhelming but the weather conditions were awful so I personally am not thinking too much about it. what I am really worried about is our RB situation heading into the championship. 

I had hoped that having a bye week would help recover Adeyi or Adaway, but it looks like neither player is ready to perform. Ragsdale is great, but I worry about overwhelming him with the entire running game. 

Does anybody have any thoughts or information on our injuries? 

GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Not to set the expectation that the matchup is the same as it was earlier in the year, but don't forget that we only had 22 yards rushing in our first game against them.  We nearly won that game despite it.  Different depth for both sides now and we know Aune isn't ever a guarantee to repeat a performance, but food for thought.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Adaway is done for the year.  No idea on the injury or timetable to return for Adeyi, but we miss his burst.  BK Jackson needs to step up.

We had 4 good backs (before the injuries).   But, we really miss Adeyi and his 8.0 ypc average.    That guy is pretty special.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, tmjerm said:

Not to set the expectation that the matchup is the same as it was earlier in the year, but don't forget that we only had 22 yards rushing in our first game against them.  We nearly won that game despite it.  Different depth for both sides now and we know Aune isn't ever a guarantee to repeat a performance, but food for thought.

As always, this game will depend on Aune’s completion percentage. No rain in the dome so the dirty birds will stack the box with 8+ and dare Aune to beat us. Usually when that happens, we lose big. Our terrible OC generally can’t come up with ways to compensate for Aune’s inaccuracy. If we can either get the run game going or figure out how to get Aune some opportunities, we have a puncher’s chance. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2