Kason Martin Update

meanJewGreen

• 4 weeks later...

Great locker room guy, has probably matured past the dramatic eye black and goofy nUTSAck style sideline jump arounds.  Wish him all the best truly.  Some weirdly obsessed on this board gave him way too much credit for a  blow out loss bowl game he made a few throws in and that’s not his fault. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

Look here, the only thing I ever said was, for 2020 and 2021, when we were having QB disasters, why not give him some drives and see how he does? He never got a fair chance here.

By that logic Cade Pearson and Amani Gilmore never got a fair chance here.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

Not sure how that logic tracks when Kason was solidly 3rd string both 2020 and 2021 behind two QBs that were alternating starts.

What does that say about him when for 2 years in a row they were struggling to find a consistent starter and still chose not to go to him? He played in the state title game and still his only offer outside of ours was D2 TAMU-Commerce. Kason was a fantastic teammate, a fantastic hype man, and a fantastic person. He has excellent touch and accuracy on his deep ball but he does not, and I cannot stress this enough, does NOT have FBS level velocity. Wish all you want but there was good reason he didn’t get his “fair chance” here and that same reason is why he was in Portales, New Mexico this season and not in a town with a FBS or even FCS program.

• Upvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

14 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

Look here, the only thing I ever said was, for 2020 and 2021, when we were having QB disasters, why not give him some drives and see how he does? He never got a fair chance here.

11 hours ago, Ibleedgreen said:

I agree with peanuts 104. He never got a fair shake. He was very impressive in the state HS final, and should have been given a chance.

Unless we watched the quarterback battle in practice, not sure we can say Kason didn’t get a fair shake.  I’ll bet he had every chance to prove himself in practice to be considered for more game time exposure.  I’m not sure what the coaching staff would have to gain by unfairly keeping from a shot at more playing time.  

While Kason didn’t get the game time that other quarterbacks received, I think it’s unfair to say it was unfair.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

• 3 weeks later...