Littrell banking up on bonuses

meangreenfaninno

10 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Its amazing that 7 wins gets you a bonus.  I'd guess there's not too many P5 teams that would celebrate and bonus you for 7 wins. 

We are not serious about football, this is another example.

I didn’t get my invitation to our P5 invitation celebration event. Was it fun?

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Should we not mimic what we aspire to be?

Leipold gets $50k at KU if they get to 7 wins. https://m.kusports.com/news/2021/may/02/lance-leipold-signed-6-year-contract-ku-worth-165-/?templates=mobile

Klieman gets an automatic extension every time KSU wins 8 games and appears in a bowl game.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Its amazing that 7 wins gets you a bonus.  I'd guess there's not too many P5 teams that would celebrate and bonus you for 7 wins. 

We are not serious about football, this is another example.

After further research, check out this list. Even Nick Saban gets a bonus for getting to 6 wins.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2022/11/13/college-football-coaches-bonus-pay-salary-school-by-school/8261369001/

• Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Good point but KSU was Nebraska’s and Oklahoma’s homecoming game in the old Big 8.  Before Bill Synder got there winning conference with powerhouse programs in the conference with them was a fantasy.  Their last conference title before 2003 (15 years into the Synder era) was 1934.   Their programs overall winning percentage is below ours.  We have 13 conference titles compared to their 3.   That is all to say that their bonus structure makes sense base on their historical place in their conference.  

HOWEVER, it is small potatoes to whine over Seth getting these bonuses.  And is a little excessive being critical of the Athletic Department structuring his bonuses this way.  Going forward maybe you want a bonus structure with higher goals and payouts for reaching them, especially by the 3rd contact (initial plus 2 extensions) you give him.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Good point but KSU was Nebraska’s and Oklahoma’s homecoming game in the old Big 8.  Before Bill Synder got there winning conference with powerhouse programs in the conference with them was a fantasy.  Their last conference title before 2003 (15 years into the Synder era) was 1934.   Their programs overall winning percentage is below ours.  We have 13 conference titles compared to their 3.   That is all to say that their bonus structure makes sense base on their historical place in their conference.  

What does this have to do with Leipold?

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

HOWEVER, it is small potatoes to whine over Seth getting these bonuses.  And is a little excessive being critical of the Athletic Department structuring his bonuses this way.  Going forward maybe you want a bonus structure with higher goals and payouts for reaching them, especially by the 3rd contact (initial plus 2 extensions) you give him.

Chip Kelly at UCLA is getting separate bonuses for 6th win, 7th win, 8th win, and 9th win.

• Upvote 4

@Cr1028 through much research has proved his point and made my opinion look foolish. 🤷‍♂️

Let me know how long coaches like Saban stay at Alabama with 6 and 7 win seasons.  And Chip Kelly performed this year but still managed to miss the Pac12 Championship game.  UCLA Athletics is too broke to do anything this year.  But the Chip Kelly contract was recently restructured to make it much cheaper to fire him after a bad season.  Once DTR is gone after this season he might be promoted to the unemployment office.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

Please remember as someone already clearly pointed out that the only reason we are in the Championship game is because 3 teams left for the SunBelt forcing a change in the format. 

Keep that in mind. 

The only reason we are where we are is because the SWC didn't adopt us, Fry got tired of being passed over, and our admin dropped our program to AA for a few years.

It is what it is but, like you, I don't want to pass on the opportunity to piss in the dinner bowl that's been fed to me.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

After further research, check out this list. Even Nick Saban gets a bonus for getting to 6 wins.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2022/11/13/college-football-coaches-bonus-pay-salary-school-by-school/8261369001/

I think only 3 of Saban’s wins this year are against teams with a winning record.  

• Upvote 5

57 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

@Cr1028 through much research has proved his point and made my opinion look foolish. 🤷‍♂️

Let me know how long coaches like Saban stay at Alabama with 6 and 7 win seasons.  And Chip Kelly performed this year but still managed to miss the Pac12 Championship game.  UCLA Athletics is too broke to do anything this year.  But the Chip Kelly contract was recently restructured to make it much cheaper to fire him after a bad season.  Once DTR is gone after this season he might be promoted to the unemployment office.

Oh I don’t want to make you look foolish man. I was pointing out that those performance incentives are pretty common. I understand what you are trying to say and that we should want 9 win seasons but it is also ok if the coach earns more for a 7 win season than a 6 win season and so on. I’m all for heavily incentivized contracts if you can keep the base low.

• Upvote 4