Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life

Tom McKrackin

I hate to say this because I rarely agree with " Mcattackin" but a change of scenery might be best for both parties. However, what to do if we beat UTSA and win our bowl game? Or if we win one and lose the other? I think if we lose both a change will be made but if we win both it won't. However a split means Wren will need to make a difficult decision if indeed Seth wants to stay, which is not a given. Littrell might decide to move on regardless of the next two games outcome. Who knows? Not me or anyone on this board , that's for sure.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1

3 minutes ago, wardly said:

I hate to say this because I rarely agree with " Mcattackin" but a change of scenery might be best for both parties. However, what to do if we beat UTSA and win our bowl game? Or if we win one and lose the other? I think if we lose both a change will be made but if we win both it won't. However a split means Wren will need to make a difficult decision if indeed Seth wants to stay, which is not a given. Littrell might decide to move on regardless of the next two games outcome. Who knows? Not me or anyone on this board , that's for sure.

Good points but I also worry whT if Seth leaves and goes on to be very successful?  Would be painful to watch knowing we could have had hin here and he wanted to be here.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

If UNT beats UTSA and wins a bowl to finish 9-5, I think it's ok to say we're thankful for the time he spent here and raising the standard here in Denton but still move on. Personally, limping into a conference championship game at 7-5 speaks more to the weakness of CUSA than the strength of UNT. That's not a reason to keep him. Not even if they beat UTSA on Friday. Anything can happen in one game. I'll take the body of work instead.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, meangreenfaninno said:

Good points but I also worry whT if Seth leaves and goes on to be very successful?  Would be painful to watch knowing we could have had hin here and he wanted to be here.

I wish UNT had the problem of doing so well that our head coaches leave to coach bigger schools.

Instead we've been a place that head coaching careers die. Which hurts us with young and hungry potential hires who are keeping a space clear on their mantle for a national championship trophy.

• Upvote 2

I don't think it would be right for us to deny him that opportunity.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, NT93 said:

I hear Tulane is thinking the same thing.🤣

I'd feel differently if we weren't currently sitting at 7-5. Getting 9 wins only sounds nice until you realize it took you 14 games to get there. In this era of college football, that just doesn't cut it. We'll see what happens if UNT pulls out a couple wins.

😳  Okay, how long do you give good coach to stay above 0.500 against FBS competition?  The only pain would be him going to  bottom revenue program and winning big there (places like New Mexico State, ULM, Texas State, Eastern Michigan, or etc).   I just think Seth is a good coach with too much mediocre history here to recruit competitively in the AAC.   And I don’t see him as a head coach in the AAC for the next 3 year at any program including ours.  I don’t wish Seth bad at all.  But if he went to SMU 3 years down the line and flamed out because SMU in their hubris thought he would be better there,,   I may not be able to respectably contain my laughter.

9 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Personally, limping into a conference championship game at 7-5 speaks more to the weakness of CUSA than the strength of UNT. That's not a reason to keep him.

For the life of me, I don’t understand why some people have such a hard time with that. How can anyone disagree with it?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

If UNT beats UTSA and wins a bowl to finish 9-5, I think it's ok to say we're thankful for the time he spent here and raising the standard here in Denton but still move on. Personally, limping into a conference championship game at 7-5 speaks more to the weakness of CUSA than the strength of UNT. That's not a reason to keep him. Not even if they beat UTSA on Friday. Anything can happen in one game. I'll take the body of work instead.

Glad Fritz took GT because with your rationale he would of been fired.

• Downvote 1