Attendance: 15,688

Professor Lambeau

why do people harp on attendance so much?  it was rainy, a bit cold, so of course fair weather folks did not show up for this game.  who gives a shit.  if you were there, it was an awesome game.  i do not understand attendance talk and whining about it.  i have a guy in a text thread that bitches about it all the time, yet rarely shows up.  who cares.  if you want to be there, get there...if not, shut up and do not worry about it.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 hours ago, THOR said:

why do people harp on attendance so much?  it was rainy, a bit cold, so of course fair weather folks did not show up for this game.  who gives a shit.  if you were there, it was an awesome game.  i do not understand attendance talk and whining about it.  i have a guy in a text thread that bitches about it all the time, yet rarely shows up.  who cares.  if you want to be there, get there...if not, shut up and do not worry about it.

It matters because when a program is teetering on keeping or firing a coach it's brought up. Attendance and program trajectory are synonymous. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Attendance for the last game of the season (when held the weekend after Thanksgiving) has been horrible for as long as I've been around.  No students on campus and the weather is frequently horrible.

Considering all that, I actually thought the attendance was better than what I expected coming in.  Sure, half the people left at halftime, but it was steadily raining and the radar did not look hopeful by that point.  We had more there Saturday than we did last year when we had 11-0 and ranked nUTSAk visiting.  Granted the weather was slightly worse last year...but not by much.

I wish we would end our season a week earlier.  We aren't a P5 and we don't draw like one.  If that changes, fine...but until then we aren't bringing kids back from Thanksgiving with their families to come watch a .500 team play a game against a G5 school in bad weather.

Also, last thought on this.  I sit with a UNT staff member at every game and he had an idea to make that last game a free game for all UNT faculty and staff.  With it being Senior Day you might get some of them out to wish their students well.  You, also, know that those folks actually live in and around Denton and are more likely to still be around.  Maybe we are already doing this, but if so, he didn't know about it.

Edited by TIgreen01
  • Upvote 3

On 11/27/2022 at 3:05 PM, THOR said:

You know you're a Mean Green fan if.....the first thing you check in the box score is attendance.  

I think it all stems from a contagious inferiority complex infecting the Mean Green Nation.  The need for "acceptance" as measured by attendance is critical to the psyche.  

Attendance is important for the game day experience, but I would put season ticket sales over attendance as this demonstrates a longer-term commitment to the program.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

North Texas Fans: We have to raise our attendance if we want to be taken seriously! 

Anyone: So, do you go to the games? 

North Texas Fans:  No, because (insert literally any excuse)

Maybe we get exactly the football program we deserve. 🥲

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1