Seth’s Post game radio interview

meangreanmick

Really disappointed with Seth’s comments.  Really - you are nothing but proud of how the. team played?  How about I’m glad they pulled it out and I’m proud of them for hanging in there, but we have to play better on Friday?   This reeks of everyone gets a trophy.   It’s ok to point out and criticize when we don’t play our best.    We were out played and out coached today, just say it.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 10
  • Downvote 14
  • Puking Eagle 1

24 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Lol what did you want him to say? Praise in public, criticize in private

praise in public and criticize in private is for individuals.  I hope it there is not anyone in the program that thinks the level of play as a team under Seth, on average, Is acceptable.

I want him to act like a good coach and set the expectation that he is happy we won, but it has to get better.   Go watch a good coach post game.

Edited by meangreanmick
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 11
  • Puking Eagle 2

6 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Dude who cares. It’s got to be exhausting to always find a reason to be unhappy with the team. Enjoy your night, brother. 

Not that you know me at all, but I don’t know about the always part.  I was a Seth apologist right up until today and my opinion before today was wait till end of season ans give him a full chance.  I’m sure I have posted something negative somewhere at some point prior to today, but it’s extremely rare for me.  I am an eternal mean  green support and optimist.   I just don’t see Seth’s body of work here getting us anywhere for AAC, and frankly I don’t think he understands that an important part of a D1 college coaches job is outside the locker room.

• Upvote 9
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 6

15 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Dude who cares. It’s got to be exhausting to always find a reason to be unhappy with the team. Enjoy your night, brother. 

I don’t understand why there are so many salty folks on this forum, unless they’re the ones putting up the money for Seth or other athletic things. 
support the kids

• Upvote 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

1 minute ago, BBA1989 said:

I don’t understand why there are so many salty folks on this forum, unless they’re the ones putting up the money for Seth or other athletic things. 
support the kids

Maybe one reason is we want the program to be the best it can be?  You obviously are satisfied with mediocrity and don't see us being any better.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

53 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Maybe one reason is we want the program to be the best it can be?  You obviously are satisfied with mediocrity and don't see us being any better.

Bitching about it on a forum isn’t doing anything.  Would I like them to be more elite?  Of course.  But I don’t get to make those decisions and neither do you.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, BBA1989 said:

support the kids

So you're ok with getting stomped 48-10 by SMU , 58-27 by UNLV who ended 5-7, 44-34 by Memphis? We were embarrassed 41-21 by UAB going scoreless in 3 quarters. The only quality win for the whole season was WKU, they played a great game. People are letting the championship blind them to a lot of valid criticism on how the team has performed this year. 

I give the team full credit for the wins it has, they play who is put in front of them. However it is clear from OOC play that our conference is poor, why is wanting better than mediocrity considered bitching? 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

So you're ok with getting stomped 48-10 by SMU , 58-27 by UNLV who ended 5-7, 44-34 by Memphis? We were embarrassed 41-21 by UAB going scoreless in 3 quarters. The only quality win for the whole season was WKU, they played a great game. People are letting the championship blind them to a lot of valid criticism on how the team has performed this year. 

I give the team full credit for the wins it has, they play who is put in front of them. However it is clear from OOC play that our conference is poor, why is wanting better than mediocrity considered bitching? 

Of course I would like for UNT to grow into a good football program who consistently competes and wins at a high level.  Beating SMU is a must.  But how does messaging about all these negative things you mention accomplish anything?  Support the team, go to the games, stay to the end or don’t.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

58 minutes ago, BBA1989 said:

Of course I would like for UNT to grow into a good football program who consistently competes and wins at a high level.  Beating SMU is a must.  But how does messaging about all these negative things you mention accomplish anything?  Support the team, go to the games, stay to the end or don’t.  

No one is saying we don't support the team, on the contrary we want the best for our athletes. You're mixing up criticism with derision. Believe it or not, I'm rooting for the team to win the championship because I want them to be successful. Just because we are unhappy doesn't mean we hate this team. Keeping quiet and not demanding for more has led to decades of poor choices. Football staffs get paid to do a job, we give our time and money to support this team so we absolutely have a right to voice our opinions. 

So let me ask you, are the criticisms in my post above warranted? Has this staff performed well in both this year and the last 7 as a whole? 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Billy Clyde said:

How can you stand to listen to his pressers? Monotone mumbling cliche-ridden superficial gunk. 

Tell me what HC's should I listen to, that are significantly different.

I liked Fry's the best, but he practiced coach speak like all the rest. He just had more personality than most. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1