Do the right thing Wren!

JT Hammons

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

Haha you guys are crazy, anybody you hire will be better than Littrell without a doubt. I guess we’ll see. All it takes is money, just ask Texas and their zero conference titles since they fired Mack Brown way back before Derek Thompson won his HOD MVP.

Or ask Oklahoma State who has one conference title in the last 45 years despite all of T. Boone’s money.

I forgot to ask, did uncle seth ever invite you to thanksgiving dinner, or was it another swing and a miss?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

11 hours ago, keith said:

Some more perspective....

UTSA eked out a 3 point win over WKU at home, needed a questionable TD with 15 seconds left to win by 4 over UNT at home, needed two OTs to beat UAB and needed to score the final 20 points along with a last second field goal to edge out UTEP.   

Look, I really just want to enjoy the Rice win. I didn't ask fans to start pimping a Littrell extension. If some fans are going to do that, then don't be surprised when others point out the flaws with that logic. So....

Yes, this season UTSA eked out 3 conference wins against those three programs that will all play in bowls this season. For comparison, of UNT's 12 regular season games, Littrell beat exactly 1 team that will play in a bowl this season. Just a little more perspective. Even so, I really do hope Littrell can lead us to a win Friday. Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 11/26/2022 at 5:08 PM, yyz28 said:

This. Wren is screwed. He pisses off a bunch of big money guys who love Seth for some reason, but if he doesn’t do it now and then we get crushed in AAC completion, he’ll go out with Seth next year. Better do it now. To me, the only way Seth should survive from here is to run the table - win a title on Friday, and then win our bowl game.

On 11/26/2022 at 5:01 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

This is going to be a tough one for Wren because I believe he really wants to keep Seth and avoid conflict with the big money donors. However, if we head to the American and don't win then Seth needs to go along with Wren

Who are the big money donor that are in love with Seth? I keep seeing that on this board. But I feel it has zero validity. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Who are the big money donor that are in love with Seth? I keep seeing that on this board. But I feel it has zero validity. 

The only ones who have been vocal about it, and have ties to him are the Lovelaces.   They're pretty big.

However, we've also been told by another one of the big money donors that Don would fire his own grandmother if she weren't performing.   So, who knows?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

The only ones who have been vocal about it, and have ties to him are the Lovelaces.   They're pretty big.

However, we've also been told by another one of the big money donors that Don would fire his own grandmother if she weren't performing.   So, who knows?

The latter is closer to the truth. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

When you look at the research and presentation to join the AAC, this was all done way before the offer and just showed how prepared Wren is for what ifs. He has a list of potential hires that will fit his model. Unless Seth wins out, i would like to see him make a hire.

48 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I don't see why they can't both be true.  ...at least, I hope so.
The Lovelace family is definitely on record regarding their relationships with SL.  So we KNOW that's true.    Whether or not they'd pull their support if SL were fired remains to be seen.