Do the right thing Wren!

JT Hammons

3 hours ago, gordo nation said:

You forget this is Texas... People don't understand UNT isn't a power 5 school. With what UNT has to work with, a bowl appearance every season is truly a miracle. 

Not sure what you're suggesting when you bring up us being in Texas.  Do Bowl games make their selections based on what state you're from?  Are you saying that it's hard because there are a lot of FBS teams in our state?

The number of bowl games, our entrance requirements, our budget relative to who we schedule.  All of this sets up for easy bowl appearances and how we dictate expectations.  Texas, A&M, etc....I don't think they play a part.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

This. 100% this. If Wren rides into the AAC with SL he is marrying his career to SL. They will then be one and the same. 

Littrell could be the rope around Wrens neck if he takes him to the AAC…

he should be expected to live or die with that decision. 

Tough decision. Time to earn that big ol Salary Wren…

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

Who could have guessed another fire Littrell thread.  I really think some of you think that what you post actually influences the NT athletic decision makers.  

The two last games will be the only meaningful factors concerning Littrell's NT future.  Win the championship game and he is back if he wants to be.  Lose and I believe he probably will be gone.  I doubt the bowl game is even a factor.  The only way it would be is a big loss after a conference championship victory over UTSA or a win over a much higher rated team. 

• Upvote 6
  • Puking Eagle 1

6 hours ago, JT Hammons said:

This man deserves an extension.  He has gotten you into another conference championship and overcome some terrible injuries and yet this team is together like never before!

Just do the right damn thing and give this guy what he has coming to him.  What he has earned.

*looks at all the deserved Eagle puke*

image.png.83b226e196f918d61929b70d2dada1b0.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Littrell supporters need to tap the breaks. Today we squeaked out a 4 point win at home against a 5-6 Rice team, that we were favored to beat by 14 points. Let's keep this in perspective. 

Agree in part, but Rice was playing for bowl eligibility and played well. They were very chippy and wanted to win. Give them a little credit.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1

8 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

Agree in part, but Rice was playing for bowl eligibility and played well. They were very chippy and wanted to win. Give them a little credit.

they played their 4th String QB and were missing their top 2 WR's, so again why did the team only sneak by, with the Conference Champ Game on the line?

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1

10 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Littrell could be the rope around Wrens neck if he takes him to the AAC…

he should be expected to live or die with that decision. 

Tough decision. Time to earn that big ol Salary Wren…

Yea to Hell with all the great decisions and moves. I don’t think so!

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, untbowler said:

they played their 4th String QB and were missing their top 2 WR's, so again why did the team only sneak by, with the Conference Champ Game on the line?

Read my post again. And BTW, because of an ill timed holding call, a TD pass was overturned that would have given us an eleven point win. I'm thankful that we showed the fortitude to come back to win in the fourth quarter so I can make plans for San Antonio this week. 

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, untbowler said:

And Texas A&M (with a 3rd string QB and a ton of injuries) with nothing to play for, just beat #5 LSU who was playing for a spot in the CFP.  

Things happen, thats why we love this game.  1) Never apologize for a WIN  2) absolutely never apologize for a in state conference win.  and 3) NEVER apologize for a Conference Championship bid on the line WIN.

GOOD GOD people, just be happy for a couple of hours....i won't hurt you!

• Upvote 8
  • Pissed 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

15 hours ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Wren has got us into the AAC, hired an unbelievable basketball coach, hired a great softball coach, got an indoor practice facility built, a golf facility built, not to mention overseen a great athletic program (outside of football) and even that, based on history has been one of our best football funs in our history.  

Some say he's "Like a son" to all of us fans.  Another teflon member of the Athletic Dept that we must pay $750k a year till HE IS READY to leave. 

Stephen A Smith Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

9 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Yea to Hell with all the great decisions and moves. I don’t think so!

If our football program doesn't get any better....none of those other decisions are going to matter. 

Convince me otherwise....convince me that a mediocre football program is good enough for our athletic department given the investment.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

If our football program doesn't get any better....none of those other decisions are going to matter. 

Convince me otherwise....convince me that a mediocre football program is good enough for our athletic department given the investment.

Don't get your logic.  Football is the most expensive sport for every college that sponsors it.  

Spending money does not guarantee anything, however failure to spend money will quickly end in failure.  

A mediocre or average program is the norm, not anything that any program wants to settle for unless that is a big step up. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Don't get your logic.  Football is the most expensive sport for every college that sponsors it.  

Spending money does not guarantee anything, however failure to spend money will quickly end in failure.  

A mediocre or average program is the norm, not anything that any program wants to settle for unless that is a big step up. 

Keep spending the money 

Use it for a better coach 

Win lots of football games 

Get our program where it should be 

or

quit spending the money 

forget football 

Put it into basketball 

Go deep every March

or do both 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

You need to re read your posted statement that is what I was responding to. This is the best AD and President for sports that I have see at North Texas. Wren has done well on coaching hires (WB may be an issue) and I think we would like to see him hire his own football coach. 

• Upvote 2

Haha you guys are crazy, anybody you hire will be better than Littrell without a doubt. I guess we’ll see. All it takes is money, just ask Texas and their zero conference titles since they fired Mack Brown way back before Derek Thompson won his HOD MVP.

Or ask Oklahoma State who has one conference title in the last 45 years despite all of T. Boone’s money.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

58 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

You need to re read your posted statement that is what I was responding to. This is the best AD and President for sports that I have see at North Texas. Wren has done well on coaching hires (WB may be an issue) and I think we would like to see him hire his own football coach. 

I was speaking more to the “we have to extend him” crowd 

we don’t if we want to grow the program past “this is the best we’ve ever had”

that’s a super low bar 

Edited by TheColonyEagle