NIL $10m

Wag Tag

7 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Kiffin and OL Miss have raised $10m in NIL money. The future of college football.

In my most sarcastic tone, how can Lane be involved in raising NIL money? Isn't that illegal?

Have absolutely no problem with athletes being able to make money but the brain's, or better said, lack of brains, behind the entire NIL process are just freaking amazing. If you did not see this cluster F coming you had the be clueless. This was pay-to-play from day one.

• Upvote 5

50 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

In my most sarcastic tone, how can Lane be involved in raising NIL money? Isn't that illegal?

Have absolutely no problem with athletes being able to make money but the brain's, or better said, lack of brains, behind the entire NIL process are just freaking amazing. If you did not see this cluster F coming you had the be clueless. This was pay-to-play from day one.

It is. And it's literally going to take an act of congress to reel it back. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

It is. And it's literally going to take an act of congress to reel it back. 

Not sure if Congress involvement makes me feel better or worse. I believe it was their fear of Congress getting involved, and the courts that forced them to make decisions that have been horrendously terrible

• Thanks 1

Pandoras Box was opened - this will not end well - it’s not like players have not been paid for decades but now it’s out in the open and running out of hand already. 
Maybe the P5 schools and G5 schools have to forge new paths that go different directions in the future - G5’s won’t be able to gather 10mil in NIL funds like Kiffin - that’s ridiculous! Years ago I remember the word “parity” that is going to die hard in college football 🏈 This is moving into more of a developmental league for the pros in the P5 levels. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, zenhuddy said:

Pandoras Box was opened - this will not end well - it’s not like players have not been paid for decades but now it’s out in the open and running out of hand already. 
Maybe the P5 schools and G5 schools have to forge new paths that go different directions in the future - G5’s won’t be able to gather 10mil in NIL funds like Kiffin - that’s ridiculous! Years ago I remember the word “parity” that is going to die hard in college football 🏈 This is moving into more of a developmental league for the pros in the P5 levels. 

It's not developmental. There is a clear path to the playoff for everyone. 

• Upvote 1