Eliminate the “down vote.”

greenjoe

I received a Puking Eagle rating for simply asking about NET/RPI rankings.

There is evidence of trolls just swinging by and downvoting consecutive posts in threads, then leaving.

My takeaway? This is one of the most senseless parts of the internet.  You are not going to make sense of it, and trying to make it an accountability thing will be a losing battle.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 3

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

I received a Puking Eagle rating for simply asking about NET/RPI rankings.

There is evidence of trolls just swinging by and downvoting consecutive posts in threads, then leaving.

My takeaway? This is one of the most senseless parts of the internet.  You are not going to make sense of it, and trying to make it an accountability thing will be a losing battle.

Sometimes it’s a good way to instantly know when one of your besties have logged on with the main and the burner. It’s happened like NT80 times, but we still all LoveMG here, so no harm, no foul!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • RV 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

9 hours ago, greenjoe said:

I’ve never liked the red down vote and have never given one.  This morning, El Paso Eagle listed teams in CUSA that need a win to become bowl eligible.  As of this writing, he has received 3 down votes for his thoughts.  

Mods, eliminate the down vote, or, list the name of the person issuing the down vote.  Let’s see how brave people are when they have to show their faces from behind their monitors.  

I expect to receive down votes for broaching this topic.  That of course will hurt my reputation here on the board but someone has to do something. We’re all North Texas fans here.  To hand out down votes does nothing to increase unity. 

GO MEAN GREEN

I understand the reason for the request but it's not gonna' happen.

I see similar things on other forums (especially news/political ones) in which people simply don't "like" what is being posted.  It's not that they disagree with it, but simply don't like it.  Someone could post a reminder that tonight the clocks are supposed to changed for DST and it would get a down vote because someone hates the time change concept.

It seems like some people just don't understand the purpose of the down vote.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Also, we need to add more "vote" options!!!!  The current list still doesn't quite span the entire width of the screen!

I propose images of any of the following be used as :
  MFine: worth +5 pts for an amazing post (only 1 allowed in a specific time frame)
  Broken video board:  worth -N pts (where N is the number of years we go w/o getting a working video display)
  Yellow shirt: +1 pt for a post that "stands out" against the other posts in the thread (Bennett reference)
  SL (mumbles): -1 pt for a post that adds nothing to the conversation except general mumbling (e.g. the one I'm writing now)
  Upside down Peruna:  -5 for any "douchery" post (or in cases where more than 5 hookers suddenly die)
  Turbines:  Hot air???
  Model A: Old man take???

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, meaniegreenie said:

Also, we need to add more "vote" options!!!!  The current list still doesn't quite span the entire width of the screen!

I propose images of any of the following be used as :
  MFine: worth +5 pts for an amazing post (only 1 allowed in a specific time frame)
  Broken video board:  worth -N pts (where N is the number of years we go w/o getting a working video display)
  Yellow shirt: +1 pt for a post that "stands out" against the other posts in the thread (Bennett reference)
  SL (mumbles): -1 pt for a post that adds nothing to the conversation except general mumbling (e.g. the one I'm writing now)
  Upside down Peruna:  -5 for any "douchery" post (or in cases where more than 5 hookers suddenly die)
  Turbines:  Hot air???
  Model A: Old man take???

Save these great ideas for the summer when we need something to talk about!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1