Eliminate the “down vote.”

greenjoe

I’ve never liked the red down vote and have never given one.  This morning, El Paso Eagle listed teams in CUSA that need a win to become bowl eligible.  As of this writing, he has received 3 down votes for his thoughts.  

Mods, eliminate the down vote, or, list the name of the person issuing the down vote.  Let’s see how brave people are when they have to show their faces from behind their monitors.  

I expect to receive down votes for broaching this topic.  That of course will hurt my reputation here on the board but someone has to do something. We’re all North Texas fans here.  To hand out down votes does nothing to increase unity. 

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 10
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 5
  • RV 2
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 59
  • Puking Eagle 1

21 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I’ve never liked the red down vote and have never given one.  This morning, El Paso Eagle listed teams in CUSA that need a win to become bowl eligible.  As of this writing, he has received 3 down votes for his thoughts.  

Mods, eliminate the down vote, or, list the name of the person issuing the down vote.  Let’s see how brave people are when they have to show their faces from behind their monitors.  

I expect to receive down votes for broaching this topic.  That of course will hurt my reputation here on the board but someone has to do something. We’re all North Texas fans here.  To hand out down votes does nothing to increase unity. 

GO MEAN GREEN

I believe the the +/- system used to not be anonymous. I liked it. 

• Upvote 10
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

36 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

GO MEAN GREEN

I gave you a down vote ironically. Also because I think it'd be funny if you'd earn more down votes than that one poster earned "Ray's" when they asked who Ray was.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Ray 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

2 minutes ago, Moobs said:

Wait, people care about their made up internet site reputation points?  
I must be living in a different way. I rarely look at mine, and I’ve NEVER looked at or cared about anyone else’s reputation. 

By the way, can I get a Ray?

You’ve just asked for the dogpile. Bring on the puking eagles, boys!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Problem to me with the voting system is that it is too easy to do compared to what drives the messageboard, messages.

An up or down emoji doesn't add much to the communication.  Particularly when it is obvious that some vote based on some other factor than the merit or validity of the post. 

If you visit sites that actually post the i.d. of the member giving the rating, you will quickly notice the number of votes is much lower and it is rare to get a down vote.  

My guess is that people that seldom post are actually the biggest critics of those that do.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

1 hour ago, Moobs said:

Wait, people care about their made up internet site reputation points?  
I must be living in a different way. I rarely look at mine, and I’ve NEVER looked at or cared about anyone else’s reputation. 

By the way, can I get a Ray?

I gave you a ray what does it mean?   

My policy from now on is to own my down votes with counter point comment.    But I expect Mean Green Football fans to have thicker skin.   A lot of people use the last 40 years of mediocrity to defend particular players, coaches, and administrators they have an affinity for.  The flip side of that should be having a thicker skin than your average « T-Shirt and winning streak  »  fan.   And yes I downvoted the original post @greenjoe you are welcome.   You know I am kind pissed too because you might have exceeded my career lead in cumulative down votes.  😄.  Are records even kept of that?    I think they should and maybe a reaction that allows voters to differentiate what they think are honest bad takes and others that are troll attempts.   

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, greenjoe said:

GO MEAN GREEN

Have an RV vote for your troubles. I think it's entirely neutral on points.

• Haha 1
  • RV 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

Some of us get a little joy stirring the pot. Sure I like to see lots of up arrows and trophies but I also get a kick out of seeing some major kneejerk negative reactions.

Lets be honest, this board would be boring if we all just agreed all the time.

I only cry myself to sleep a few times a week over my internet reputation.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Puking Eagle 1