UAB search closing in on Skip Holtz as head coach

cousin oliver

Sources with knowledge of the UAB search, view Vincent as a candidate; but not at the top of the list – despite formally interviewing this week for the top spot on a permanent basis.

Where does the UAB search seem pointed?

Bryant Vincent has guided the Blazers to a chance at bowl eligibility, despite the sudden flux in the preseason, heading into Saturday’s regular-season finale at Louisiana Tech.

Well, to the professional ranks. Seriously.

In fact, multiple sources tell FootballScoop that USFL head coach Skip Holtz, leader of the Birmingham Stallions, has emerged as a central target in the Blazers’ search for their next head coach. However, other candidates and factors are still being considered. 

link to more: https://footballscoop.com/news/an-sec-assistant-sitting-head-coaches-and-a-pro-coach-in-mix-with-uab-blazers-coaching-search

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Also this is a list on Football Scoop on the Arizona State opening which they claim is the best open job available this cycle.  I like this because it lists all the top available candidates like Tom Herman and others.

Who else has been mentioned aside from Dillingham? Former University of Houston and University of Texas coach Tom Herman, fired from the Longhorns’ post in some controversy, has emerged as a viable candidate for the Sun Devils, and multiple other openings in this cycle.

Additionally, former NFL star Deion Sanders, a College Football Hall of Fame and Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee who’s guided Jackson State to a 22-2 record in his last 24 games as a head coach at the Football Championship Subdivision level, also has gotten some traction with the Arizona State job.

LINK:  https://footballscoop.com/news/the-latest-at-arizona-state-which-might-be-the-best-job-in-college-football-in-this-cycle

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Freaking fantastic. My top 2 choices are being swooped up by our competition. And people are like, 'wHy wOuLd wE fIrE oUr cOaCh dUrInG tHe sEaSoN'. Well, people, THIS is why. 

A win away from the championship game and we’re whining about another school hiring someone? Come on folks.

I get the sentiment but if we were out of the running and Wren saw a guy he badly wanted on the verge of going elsewhere, Seth would be gone. 

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

15 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

A win away from the championship game and we’re whining about another school hiring someone? Come on folks.

I get the sentiment but if we were out of the running and Wren saw a guy he badly wanted on the verge of going elsewhere, Seth would be gone. 

A win away that otherwise wouldn't have happened if the belt didn't start poaching early. It's also a win away from an embarrassment. We are not ready for the AAC. We will be embarrassed more next season. We are sitting on the fence of mediocrity. That is Seth Littrell's peak here. It's time to move on. Otherwise, possible candidates will be plucked away by proactive athletic directors. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

The point for most Seth should not have started this season as head coach.  Nothing we’ve seen in his entire tenure should give anyone confidence that he will be able to bring home an AAC Championship.  My standard is to have an outside chance to win your conference (or qualify for championship game appearance) with 2 games or less left on the scheduled.   If you are evaluating him based on that he is 2-5.  

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

The point for most Seth should not have started this season as head coach.  Nothing we’ve seen in his entire tenure should give anyone confidence that he will be able to bring home an AAC Championship.  My standard is to have an outside chance to win your conference (or qualify for championship game appearance) with 2 games or less left on the scheduled.   If you are evaluating him based on that he is 2-5.  

And one of those was off the basis of being in a non-division conference. He slips and stumbles into positive happenings. Like, 0 surprise at all if we lose and FAU wins and the Seth Littrell fan boys will stiiiiiillllllll be, 'hE tOoK uS tO tHe ChAmPiOnShIP gAmE' 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

It's also a win away from an embarrassment. 

Man that’s such a negative attitude. But if that’s what you think, there will still be a ton of good coaches to choose from afterwards. 

Also, if we lose today, I’d bet you’ll get your wish sooner rather than later. 

• Upvote 2