****OFFICIAL RICE vs UNT GAME DISCUSSION THREAD****

Coach Andy Mac

1 minute ago, akriesman said:

A bit shocked right now.   Our guys have everything to play for and being outplayed a bit by Rice.

Rice is playing for a bowl like we did against UTSA last year. I guess our guys don’t care about conference titles. They seem to only like bowl swag and not care about real hardware.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Offense looks so pedestrian without Adeyi and Adaway. We NEED to throw Earle out there to spark something.

Throw Earle out there and run the damn ball. Run some option with Earle. It's pouring rain. Why does Aune have 27 pass attempts? He's gone entire games with less but now with rain pouring, we call passing play after passing play? Horrible. 

• Upvote 7
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Throw Earle out there and run the damn ball. Run some option with Earle. It's pouring rain. Why does Aune have 27 pass attempts? He's gone entire games with less but now with rain pouring, we call passing play after passing play? Horrible. 

Just came here to say this. We are a rushing team in the rain with only 15 rushing attempts. Fire Seth. 

• Upvote 7
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 3

Assuming we don’t have some sudden jolt to turn this around today…We can’t have a coach that continues, at an almost 100% rate, to allow his teams to do this in games with anything on the line. 

It really is unbelievable. In 7 seasons he cannot get these kids to show up with something on the line. 

this just can’t continue. 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Assuming we don’t have some sudden jolt to turn this around today…We can’t have a coach that continues, at an almost 100% rate, to allow his teams to do this in games with anything on the line. 

It really is unbelievable. In 7 seasons he cannot get these kids to show up with something on the line. 

this just can’t continue. 

I have to agree. Rice should be light work for us but once again, we come out flat. 6-6 is just flat out not good enough. Interim for the bowl game and move in a different direction. Epic collapse to end the season.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

43 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Let me just ask you this simple question.  

Assuming we win today, if I told you that your choices heading down to San Antonio were: 

1) Mason Fine in his prime

or 

2) Austin Aune on the absolute best day of his career

Who are you trusting to lead us against UTSA?   And be honest.  

Fine. I don’t get the fixation on this. Someone can get a better grade on a test than someone who is smarter than them. That doesn’t mean there’s an asterisk next to the score or anything.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

Fine. I don’t get the fixation on this. Someone can get a better grade on a test than someone who is smarter than them. That doesn’t mean there’s an asterisk next to the score or anything.

Not sure in this analogy that Aune is "smarter" than Fine. I would take other factors into play like SoS.

Just now, GrandGreen said:

Yes, running into a 8 man front is smart ball.

This is the same UTSA game plan, force NT to pass and it is obviously more effective in the rain. 

The running game is tough, admittedly. But we are at 3.3 a carry, which isn’t great but not shutdown horrible. Rice has a 2-1 time of possession advantage. We are exhausted. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

The running game is tough, admittedly. But we are at 3.3 a carry, which isn’t great but not shutdown horrible. Rice has a 2-1 time of possession advantage. We are exhausted. 

Ragsdale proves my point. 
And now an injured Johnson does as well.

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 2