****OFFICIAL RICE vs UNT GAME DISCUSSION THREAD****

Coach Andy Mac

2 hours ago, NT93 said:

You probably should have taken a peek at UTSA’s schedule before posting this.  

And, are you telling me UNT has reached such elite status that winning isn’t good enough, but we have to win pretty*?

*I would also submit that several elite schools have been very happy to “win ugly” the past few weeks.  It’s a lot better than losing.

3 hours ago, MeanMag said:

UTSA squeaked by UNT and UTEP.

Who cares? Go win a championship.

See my above post. I will reserve further comment until your coach SL can do what he hasn't been able to for 7 years. 

• Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, BigWillie said:

See my above post. I will reserve further comment until your coach SL can do what he hasn't been able to for 7 years. 

I never defended SL or said he needed to win the conference.  Your post insinuated that UTSA has breezed through the conference which isn’t true. You also insinuated that UNT is too good to have an “ugly win” which is also not true.  

I said it in another thread and I’ll say it here, I’m not an SL apologist.  I’d like to see us part ways, but to act like his tenure here has been a failure is just ridiculous.  He’s taken us up a level, but I think we probably need someone else to take us to the next level.  

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 3

I know this is a late post on the game but I will give Aune a compliment.  On the touchdown to Shorter Aune did not even look his way until he was throwing the ball.  He looked the DB off and I have never seen him do that.  He tends to stare down the receivers.  He even had me fooled where he was looking.  If he could that all the time it might help him a lot.

• Upvote 1