****OFFICIAL RICE vs UNT GAME DISCUSSION THREAD****

Coach Andy Mac

Just now, 19GMG said:

Do you usually bitch about everything or just today? Team won and are playing for a conference title next week. Stop crying 

celebrate all you want, but don't bitch when SL has run off the fans. 

This a was bad Rice team and with 2 weeks to prepare the team lays an egg and barely escapes. Makes me excited to watch them play a healthy UTSA team. 

To each and their own, scheduling after this year will be immensely tougher and many do not believe SL and staff is ready for the step up in competition. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Downvote 6

I am glad we won (because it would have been embarrassing to lose a to Rice), but have have very little hope for anything but a blow out loss to UTSA.   They are sitting their starters today since 1st quarter and have a good coaching staff.   They have the probably been preparing for over a week already.  We had 2 weeks to get ready for a bad rice team and had to get some lucky breaks to hold on.  Rice beat us in just about every measurable stat except for score.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

This game was ugly, and I’m frustrated, despite the fact we’re about to play for a title. We have lost games we shouldn’t have this year, and I think most of the gap has been in coaching and prep. My fear is that this staff can’t or won’t come up to a higher level of competition next year. …win a title, win a bowl, you might convince me it’s possible. Perform like we normally do in post-season, and I’m not going into our first year in a new conference with this staff with much confidence. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, meangreanmick said:

I am glad we won (because it would have been embarrassing to lose a to Rice), but have have very little hope for anything but a blow out loss to UTSA.

There's no reason for that much pessimism. We beat them up last year and when we played them one month ago in their house, only lost in the final 15 seconds.

UNT has already shown it can go toe-to-toe against UTSA for four quarters. Now we just have to step up in the biggest game of Seth Littrell's time in Denton.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

3 minutes ago, rcade said:

There's no reason for that much pessimism. We beat them up last year and when we played them one month ago in their house, only lost in the final 15 seconds.

UNT has already shown it can go toe-to-toe against UTSA for four quarters. Now we just have to step up in the biggest game of Seth Littrell's time in Denton.

Does anyone remember who UTSA was without in the first game, and if any of those guys are back/healthy for next week?

6 minutes ago, rcade said:

Hey, I hope I am wrong.  I’ll be rooting for the Mean Green always, no matter what.    But, Seth’s track record in these kinds of games (and throughout his time here) just doesn’t make me hopeful.  I hope I  am the most shocked person in Texas on Friday.

25 minutes ago, meangreanmick said:

I am glad we won (because it would have been embarrassing to lose a to Rice), but have have very little hope for anything but a blow out loss to UTSA.   They are sitting their starters today since 1st quarter and have a good coaching staff.   They have the probably been preparing for over a week already.  We had 2 weeks to get ready for a bad rice team and had to get some lucky breaks to hold on.  Rice beat us in just about every measurable stat except for score.

Yes, they beat us in rushing yards and passing yards…but lost in the biggest stat of all.  2 turnovers to our zero.  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, meangreanmick said:

I think everyone needs to look around and see if this feels like what a championship run should feel like. I think that says all that needs to be said about how the team has performed this year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1