****OFFICIAL RICE vs UNT GAME DISCUSSION THREAD****

Coach Andy Mac

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

It is clear Seth is abandoning what we do well (run the ball) to pad Aune’s numbers.   

Now we can have records that don’t tell the true story.  

Aune could throw it 180 times today and he’d still have less pass attempts than Fine did in the season he set the single-season TD pass record. Even if he was throwing more today to get the record, Aune would still have gotten there on less passes. Wet field and defense loading up to stop the run is a more likely explanation for why more passing makes sense.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

5 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Aune could throw it 180 times today and he’d still have less pass attempts than Fine did in the season he set the single-season TD pass record. Even if he was throwing more today to get the record, Aune would still have gotten there on less passes. Wet field and defense loading up to stop the run is a more likely explanation for why more passing makes sense.

Yeah, did you see his second pass attempt of the game. I've seen that same play countless times. My eyes bleed. My heart hurts. 2a high school kids execute that on Friday nights, every Friday night. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

And regardless of how many times he throws the ball today he's not gonna have as many wins in the regular season as Mason did 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

6 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Let me just ask you this simple question.  

Assuming we win today, if I told you that your choices heading down to San Antonio were: 

1) Mason Fine in his prime

or 

2) Austin Aune on the absolute best day of his career

Who are you trusting to lead us against UTSA?   And be honest.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

3 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Assuming we win today, if I told you that your choices heading down to San Antonio were: 

or 

Mason

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

or 

Mason.  Or Austin with a better coach.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I don’t know how I’d feel: losing today and still getting in the championship game. If we lose today part of me just wants WKU to go and let’s pull the plug. 

I will never root for us to lose but I also wont cry if this leads to the last of Seth

• Upvote 5
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 1