Long Beach State (11/26/22)

CMJ

22 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

I wish our bench could score. Concerns me.  That was our weakness last yr 

I feel like our bench is night and day from last year. Martinez has had some good numbers, he's just been quiet the last couple of games. Jones is still getting back into rhythm and testing his knee so I know he will come through. Stone, Sissoko, and Moore can chip a few in and we are looking good. The only thing I'm actually worried about is the FT shooting. We can take a lot of pressure off if we can hit our FT early. 

• Upvote 4

Huntsberry leads North Texas over Long Beach State 68-47

ByData Skrive

NASSAU, Bahamas -- — Kai Huntsberry had 22 points, Abou Ousmane scored 20 and North Texas rolled to a 68-47 victory over Long Beach State at the Nassau Championship on Saturday night.

Huntsberry also added five assists for the Mean Green (5-1). Abou Ousmane scored 20 points and added six rebounds. Tylor Perry recorded 12 points.

The Beach (3-3) were led by Jadon Jones, who posted 11 points and two steals. AJ George added 10 points.

BOX SCORE

Edited by ADLER

6 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Kind of sad their basketball team goes by "The Beach." Not nearly as fun as their baseball team's name, the "Dirtbags." Anyways, glad Huntsberry had a good game. Couldn't watch it due to Flo. Hopefully we can pull out a finals win against UNC-W and improve to 5-1. The guys in green are heating up. 

Must be fun to just have a baseball team!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Yup. Perry, Jones, Abu, 4 and 10 plus I believe a few bench guys can fill up the bucket.  (Not sleeping on Scott, but anything he adds offensively is icing on the cake, talk about a lock down defender.  I can’t remember the last time I saw an on ball defender block a jump shot)

I think Scott could really fill the void that Bell left behind. He has the size, defense and tenacity. This year he has added offense to go with it too.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BigWillie said:

I think Scott could really fill the void that Bell left behind. He has the size, defense and tenacity. This year he has added offense to go with it too.

Bell had a remarkable "it" factor that I don't see very often.  This intangible gift to make plays at key times, in Bell's case it was often a defensive play/need.

Those are massive shoes to fill and, honestly, I don't think that is quite Aaron's role.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Bell had a remarkable "it" factor that I don't see very often.  This intangible gift to make plays at key times, in Bell's case it was often a defensive play/need.

Those are massive shoes to fill and, honestly, I don't think that is quite Aaron's role.

But your saying there's a chance????

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BigWillie said:

Absolutely, be a catch and shoot 3 guy on kick outs, and attack the rim on offensive rebounds after he collects them.  His defense and defensive rebounding speak for themselves.