Long Beach State (11/26/22)

CMJ

NT 62 ------- LBSU 44

3:51 to go

All the people panicking after the first two games were giving up the ship way too early.  Once we got our full compliment of players and a few games to work with, we're showing the kind of team we have.  I'm not sure what our ceiling is, but we have a lot of pieces and we're beginning to see how they assemble.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 7

17 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I’m really starting to think my workout regimen is working.  

So many women have offered to send me nudes while I stream this game.  

I noticed a little something different when we passed you at the elevators earlier today at the football game. 

happy there was an Emmitt sighting even if it couldn’t be at a basketball game. 

do you think the other team will pull their starters? 

• Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, GMG24 said:

This squad has a chance to be VERY special.  Potential for 5 guys to be legit scoring threats with another 2 to develop and just take the shots provided.  I am really excited about Moore’s potential to develop, he’s done some good stuff in limited minutes offensively. 

I think stone can get some buckets for his confidence he could be a shooter off the bench for us

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

I wish our bench could score. Concerns me.  That was our weakness last yr 

They can and will. Just a bad game by Martinez and Rubin Jones is still being worked in. I think we'll see a couple guys capable of getting into double figures each game (thinking of Martinez and Jones or whoever Jones replaces in the starting lineup when he's back in form).

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

This squad has a chance to be VERY special.  Potential for 5 guys to be legit scoring threats with another 2 to develop and just take the shots provided.  I am really excited about Moore’s potential to develop, he’s done some good stuff in limited minutes offensively. 

Yeah, Moore's handling skills look excellent. He looks confident and has no fear driving into the lane. He will be a beast if he keeps developing. 

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

We can still lock you down but more weapons. And the fellas coaching em up ain’t bad.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

We can still lock you down but more weapons. And the fellas coaching em up ain’t bad.

Yup. Perry, Jones, Abu, 4 and 10 plus I believe a few bench guys can fill up the bucket.  (Not sleeping on Scott, but anything he adds offensively is icing on the cake, talk about a lock down defender.  I can’t remember the last time I saw an on ball defender block a jump shot)

• Upvote 3