90% chance of rain ?

greenjoe

This isn’t going to help our average attendance.  The HUB Club will be full, behind the glass.  The lower bowl and outdoor seating of the Club should be quiet.  Only the most waterproof of fans will be in attendance Saturday.  I wish Apogee would allow umbrellas.

GO MEAN GREEN

STAY WARM AND DRY

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Marty said:

Mostly Saturday morning, rain chances drop significantly after noon. At least according to the weather forecast I saw.

You might look again.  Earlier in the week they predicted it would taper off by the afternoon.  Now they are saying it will continue through the afternoon.  I still plan to be there in the lower bowl, but I have 6 other tickets that will likely go unused. 

Cut-off Low regimes are one of the hardest for weather models to handle.  Earlier in the week, both the Euro and GFS were predicting that the system would remain an open wave and progress through in a day or two.  with literally each model run afterwards, they were going slower and deeper with the system, eventually settling on a cutoff low a couple of days ago.  

The problem then becomes how far south does the upper-level low progress and how long will it take to be picked back up by the Jet Stream and kick out to the east.  It still looks it will move out Saturday, but it could be earlier in the day (we see rain ending before kickoff and clearing skies) or hang around a few hours later into the afternoon (still some rain during the game and not improving until later in the day).

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, Texas Stranger said:

Cut-off Low regimes are one of the hardest for weather models to handle.  Earlier in the week, both the Euro and GFS were predicting that the system would remain an open wave and progress through in a day or two.  with literally each model run afterwards, they were going slower and deeper with the system, eventually settling on a cutoff low a couple of days ago.  

The problem then becomes how far south does the upper-level low progress and how long will it take to be picked back up by the Jet Stream and kick out to the east.  It still looks it will move out Saturday, but it could be earlier in the day (we see rain ending before kickoff and clearing skies) or hang around a few hours later into the afternoon (still some rain during the game and not improving until later in the day).

The upper low is now looking like it will move off to the northeast a little earlier, rain should be mostly gone by late morning.

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

21 hours ago, greenjoe said:

This isn’t going to help our average attendance.  The HUB Club will be full, behind the glass.  The lower bowl and outdoor seating of the Club should be quiet.  Only the most waterproof of fans will be in attendance Saturday.  I wish Apogee would allow umbrellas.

GO MEAN GREEN

STAY WARM AND DRY

I've already put myself into "duck" mindset and will be there to watch us finish this off with a win and celebrate them heading to the CC game.

• Upvote 3