San Jose State (11/25/22)

Big Z

Love Kai’s ability to get into the paint. If he can pass out of the paint, or find his close range, he’s going to be serious trouble for opponents. Rubins defense was great!  Loved the alley oop (first one I’ve seen us complete in two years?).  Wish Ousmane would get on track, we’re going to need him. 

• Upvote 4

Perry on fire, Huntsberry good game; rest of team not so good, at least on the offensive side

Floor apparently part of problem with drives hard to accomplish with slippery floor

Martinez 1 pt, 3 rbs, Sissoko 0 pts 0 rbs, Jones 3 pts, Stone 3 pts., 

Ousmane in big time slump, NT must have him much better: 2 pts, 1 rb 4 fouls

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Very good win. Let's hope this team is finally showing its' true colors after the injuries and bouts of the flu. Perry is shinning through and Eady finally had a good game. Of the transfers he was the only one who hadn't had a stand out game. Ousmane still needs to make his mark on these games, I would like to see Sissoko get more minutes to help out at the post. 

Not a lot to complain about though, great game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I don’t want to play SMC again…but I’d have loved to see tonight’s performance against them!  Tonight was great team ball and Perry was just feeling it!  Abou needs to start finishing at the rim in a major bad way.  He can’t be soft in conference play.  

Loved hearing Grant speak of how high this team’s ceiling can get in another month! Go Mean Green!!!

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, BigWillie said:

Does this remind us of any other team in the DFW area that has a player who is the only one who can score?

Hint: might be a professional team.

I know what you're getting at, but I would also look at SMU, where Zurik is contributing about the same % of total team points as Perry is here.

Also, not DFW, but Jelly Walker is lighting it up for UAB (again).  I'm interested in seeing how Gaines does once conference play begins.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTBill said:

I suppose. It didn't work for me without displaying pop ups of half naked women, who wanted, among other things my phone number.

Just hoping for a less risqué site.

I was able to close the ads out. Once I did, I screen mirrored my phone to my tv. I never saw another ad. Not sure if I was just lucky?  I’m going to try the same link tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Perry scores 35, makes 7  3s in North Texas' 69-54 win

ByAP
5 hours ago

NASSAU, Bahamas -- — Tylor Perry scored a career-high 35 points, making all seven of his 3-point attempts, and North Texas beat San Jose State 69-54 on Friday in the first round of the Baha Mar Nassau Championship.

Perry was 9-of-12 shooting overall and made 10 of 11 free throws. Kai Huntsberry added 16 points.

The Mean Green (4-1) made 13 of 20 3-point shots while the Spartans (4-2) were 11 of 23 from deep.

Trey Anderson made all four of his 3-point tries and finished with 16 points to lead San Jose State.

• Upvote 4

On 11/25/2022 at 4:44 PM, sjsu33 said:

hey guys. SJSU fan here. Found a stream!  Figured I would share since i saw you were looking as well.  I just want to not get blown out today. Good luck!

https://cdn.sportcast.life/embed77/?event=stack.html&link=1&domain=&force=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sawlive.tv%2Fembeds%2Fstream%2Fdoukdrule&ask=1669415400&lgt=7

Thanks so much.  Hope it works for the championship game.

• Upvote 1