State of Texas Recruiting Rankings (11/22/22)

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

I was a bit skeptical of this explanation, so I checked UTSA’s depth chart to see if others are kicking our tail in recruiting while being “young” like us.  

Good lord, UTSA better win this year because their starters are VERY senior heavy.  

Yet they are positioned way better than us to land top portal players, so I think they'll be fine (unless Traylor decides to move on).

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 1

16 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

I’ve noticed an influx of offers to JUCO’s over the last few days.  This likely would also explain the low ranking on this list.  

Offers in general, actually. Makes me suspicious that Seth knows he is staying…👀

• RV 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

12 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

The only recruiting projection that matter are ones within your conference.

12 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

I have no problem with experience Jucos. Darrell Dickey did a fine job recruiting Jucos.

This mentality seems to fit the scenario where you get beat in OOC games and build to compete in a weak conference. If we keep this mentality for the American it could be disastrous.

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

This mentality seems to fit the scenario where you get beat in OOC games and build to compete in a weak conference. If we keep this mentality for the American it could be disastrous.

And outside the P5 the AAC is not a weak conference. 🙄  Getting recruiting classes that are on par with P5 programs is a rarity.  The few G5 programs that recruit at that level are usually the ones who have a dropped down to G5 during the 90s realignment that ended the SWC or about to make a push to join a P5 conference.  With the transfer portal today these projections don't mean as much as they once did especially within a state where 6 P5 schools (old Big 12 South plus TCU & Houston make 😎 majority of their starting roster from kids in this state.   I am aspirational as any Mean Green fan posting stuff bordering on 99% just wishful thinking hiring getting Kliff Kingsbury as head coach.  The goal is winning conference, you do that consistent we definitely beat a few OOC teams that are G5 level.  The landscape has changed a ton since Dickey was here.  Yes you always strive for the best in everything we do but subjective projections before games are played don’t matter if you win.  As long as you don’t cap winning seasons with uncompetitive bowl game losses against mediocre G5 teams, winning conference makes you golden here.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1