Uniform Teaser for Rice Game

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

And here I thought it was about winning. Guess the players at Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Texas, Alabama, etc never get to show off their uniforms? But maybe showing off uniforms should be all we expect at ole UNT

Remember, UCLA football coach said, winning isn't everything, it is the only thing.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

And here I thought it was about winning. Guess the players at Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Texas, Alabama, etc never get to show off their uniforms? But maybe showing off uniforms should be all we expect at ole UNT

What does winning have anything to do about a different uniform color? That argument literally only comes from people like you who care so deeply about wearing green 24/7. It’s one week. You’ll live. 

• Upvote 4
  • RV 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1 minute ago, MeanGreen22 said:

people like you

People like me? Guess your part of that young wave who comes through and let's "people like me" know how things should be. "People like me" have seen "people like you" come and go for years, but, thank you for setting me straight.

P.S. the last 2-3 years we have probably change uniforms out more than any time in our history. Still have yet to hear any players who based their decision to come here on that but I have seen a lot of underachieving. Guess we haven't changed uniforms enough to translate to success.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 4

On 11/22/2022 at 11:12 AM, southsideguy said:

I personally prefer the green and white colors for our uniforms but if excites the team then wear them all you want.  the one thing I do not like about the black jersey's is it hard to read the names on their back.

The black jerseys remind me of Dickey's last game; so I just don't care for them at all!  Furthermore, green letters are very hard to read on black jerseys...especially at 50-100 yards.

• Upvote 4

On 11/22/2022 at 10:19 AM, NT93 said:

I mean, they were the original, so everybody else is pretty much copying them with that particular winged look.

Wow nice to see others on this forum also see it as that. The UNT wings are very reminiscent of the Oregon wings and UNT began doing that after them. Said this on here and other outlets only to be told im terrible for thinking that, im wrong or that the Eagles started it and idk football. I personally don’t like the wings but if we win then idc

• Upvote 3

On 11/22/2022 at 10:19 AM, NT93 said:

I mean, they were the original, so everybody else is pretty much copying them with that particular winged look.

Oregon first had wings on their helmet in 2012.  Rice had wings on theirs in 1990.  At least the wings on the UNT helmets are part of their primary logo. 

• Upvote 2

09174619-53A5-4091-A97A-396453587E17.jpeg.1c188eff5676dd81ef8d493399c6c519.jpeg

04F110F8-C20E-4588-AF43-D752AADEC284.jpeg.5fd1fdfce1f9d66afaa3c16ac99c7926.jpeg

5EE0E86C-C05A-40E2-A1CC-3C5502016361.png.cb33d84d871daa4dcc743329a0807103.png

If you can’t see that the first two helmets are very similar and the 3rd is very different, then we’ll just have to agree to disagree.  Look, I’m not bashing the UNT helmet or saying we shouldn’t wear it, but to act like our design wasn’t born from Oregon’s is just some strange form of denial or something.  Lots of teams, especially high school, have copied the Oregon original.

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

On 11/23/2022 at 10:57 AM, MeanGreenDan said:

image.png.6af0cbda8e8c57241571635df50419a2.png

Green and White voted on by the students, and have been our school colors for well over a century.

The color black added to that web site by a TCU alumnus, without any university votes or board approvals, and used to undermine the weak minded. By the way, she's the same person that altered the branding colors for our medical school while it was being demoted to a health center.

This kind of garbage doesn't happen at real universities.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 4