Gender participation in College sports; where is the line?

It's already happened in college football; now a female has made a Division I varsity baseball roster.  Which is all fine, until it's not fine.  We've seen some transgender issues in UIL wrestling and swimming events cause controversy about champions. 

This brings the question:  What is the line for college sports as far as gender participation?   I know most of these situations involve women wanting to play a sport not offered to women.  How about a man wanting to play a sport not offered to men, like softball?   Is that allowed?

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/35076550/brown-adds-first-woman-active-d1-baseball-varsity-roster

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Culture war BS non issue. No purpose on this board. Delete this. 

Always appreciate these as a preview of what the My Pillow guy probably just forwarded my mom before the holidays. Thanks @LoveMG

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 3

21 minutes ago, MeanGreenDan said:

I remember when this board used to have moderators who everyone actually knew in real life. Now it's just a bunch of bots who contribute to the spam and misplaced posts.

“The moderators are why I left!” said multiple people who never left. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 3