CUSA Championship is on a Friday?

Pavlovs Eagle

1 minute ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I saw in today's "Thank you Season Ticket Holders" email from UNT that the CUSA Championship game is on Friday?  Who's awful planning is that?   

At least the last time we appeared in this game it was on a Saturday.

I was joking with my brother that due to the game likely being UNT vs UTSA, the game would be at 8AM on the Friday. Just awful. 😂

• Haha 2

The TV networks make the call on where they think people would be more likely to watch.  CBSSN decided that throwing the game on a Saturday afternoon versus the Big 12 or SEC title games wouldn't get any eyeballs.  ESPN doesn't care and typically will show a G5 title game up against a Power 5, but the CBS folks figure if they're gonna show it they wanna maximize the TV audience.  It'll probably be around 7 or 8pm EST.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

7 hours ago, Moobs said:

Better national exposure for your conference if you’re not trying to compete in the same time slots with P5 conference championship games. 

What's really embarrassing is CUSA is the only FBS conference that doesn't have their championship televised on a major network. All 9 other conferences play on ABC, Fox, CBS, or ESPN. Meanwhile, we're stuck playing Friday on a secondary sports network no one watches. 

Thank God we're almost out of here. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

What's really embarrassing is CUSA is the only FBS conference that doesn't have their championship televised on a major network. All 9 other conferences play on ABC, Fox, CBS, or ESPN. Meanwhile, we're stuck playing Friday on a secondary sports network no one watches. 

Thank God we're almost out of here. 

I mean....I watch CBSSN.  Especially during college basketball season they have some of the best daily wrap up shows.  A lot of the CBS talent participates in stuff during the weekdays on the network too.  It might not be ideal, but it's not a tough network to find either.

• Puking Eagle 1

56 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Stop it.  If she had a penis you would be celebrating.

You think huh. Gotta tell you, when it comes to commissioners i am mostly interested in the size of their....

....tv network exposure, teams traveling crowd and conference payout

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Moobs said:

Better national exposure for your conference if you’re not trying to compete in the same time slots with P5 conference championship games. 

Glad there will be 10k TV's watching (9k of those in bars across America) on Friday night with an in-person UNT attendance of 25 at the Alamodome vs 5k TV's watching (4800 of those in bars across America) on Saturday with an in person UNT fan attendance of a few hundred.

I wonder if the band will even be able to go with it being on Friday.

I really think people are going to be unhappy when they see how poor our attendance will be for all of our upcoming non-Saturday games next year.  As much as I enjoy watching other conferences play on weeknights, there's a reason the camera crews do their utmost to never show the stands.  

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
  • Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I saw in today's "Thank you Season Ticket Holders" email from UNT that the CUSA Championship game is on Friday?  Who's awful planning is that?   

At least the last time we appeared in this game it was on a Saturday.

2021 was the first year of the Friday Championship game.

• Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 1