Eligibility Question

UNTLifer

12 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Perry and Huntsberry are listed as seniors. Do they have access to an additional year due to Covid?  Same with Jones and Ousmane that are listed as juniors?

Was told Jones and Ousmane do but that was last year. Idk about the others. When does that covid year go away.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Perry and Huntsberry are listed as seniors. Do they have access to an additional year due to Covid?  Same with Jones and Ousmane that are listed as juniors?

Yes they do. The players who show as “5th” or “6th” are the ones truly in their last year of eligibility.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 3

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, greenminer said:

Any follow up thoughts on this, @BillySee58? Specifically about Kai

Kai’s situation is weird because he missed the COVID year. So while it does appear he won’t have any eligibility remaining, he isn’t listed as “5th” or “6th” because he isn’t playing in his 5th or 6th season. It’s his 4th. Played 18-19 & 19-20 seasons in JUCO, 21-22 last season at U of Mary, and 22-23 here. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TheNewEra said:

The word on here was that Kai/UNT could apply for another year, can't imagine that's a process that's resolved in 3 days.

If you can find the "word on here" that you are referring to, please link it.  I am interested in seeing that.

3 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

Yes but I certainly hope they will go to the trouble of doing this as it may pay us dividends.

There is no waiver he can apply for.  Not to my knowledge.  He's played all 4 years, not including the COVID.

This "extra' year (COVID year) that Is being handed out by the NCAA only applies to student athletes that tried to play during the COVID year.  This is not Kai.  He is not eligible for it.

My guess is, there was uncertainty or misinformation typed out on this message board about Kai when he first arrived, and that misinformation/uncertainty led you to believe that there is a remote possibility for another year.

I do not understand any possible way for Kai to get a bonus year/waiver.

Edited by greenminer

12 hours ago, greenminer said:

If you can find the "word on here" that you are referring to, please link it.  I am interested in seeing that.

There is no waiver he can apply for.  Not to my knowledge.  He's played all 4 years, not including the COVID.

This "extra' year (COVID year) that Is being handed out by the NCAA only applies to student athletes that tried to play during the COVID year.  This is not Kai.  He is not eligible for it.

My guess is, there was uncertainty or misinformation typed out on this message board about Kai when he first arrived, and that misinformation/uncertainty led you to believe that there is a remote possibility for another year.

I do not understand any possible way for Kai to get a bonus year/waiver.

Unless he's at a Power 5 school or UTSA, then he gets 2 more years.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1