Paul Quinn College (11/22/22)

NT80

23 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

Good showing, the guys are starting to ease in, but they still need more time to really get to know each other. Even the vets are having to deal with large rotations which is new for us. Martinez has been the standout of the new transfers, he looks ready to score from any part of the court. I was wondering why we didn't see Sissoko out there more in the past games. He looked silky smooth when he got the ball, IMO he needs more minutes shared with Ousmane. Having 2 viable big men would be huge. Speaking of Abu, I don't know if he is just in a funk or what, but he doesn't look like the player from last year. His hooks and shots have been off, I know he was the leading scorer tonight so maybe it's just me, but he looks like he's lacking confidence? Good game to help the team build on their chemistry. Huntsberry needs to guard the ball better, we can't have so many turnovers, but his shooting has looked good. Good game overall. 

Coach Mac said in the post game that Abu had some injuries to his wrist earlier and he was getting over and flu for about a week.  He also said Abu is down 10 lbs. That might be the reason he is off.  I wish he would dunk some balls with authority. 

All 17 players played in the game.  One guy I could not find on the program.  I found his number on the program but no way he was 7', he was more like 6' and doubt if he was from Haiti.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Coach Mac said in the post game that Abu had some injuries to his wrist earlier and he was getting over and flu for about a week.  He also said Abu is down 10 lbs. That might be the reason he is off.  I wish he would dunk some balls with authority. 

All 17 players played in the game.  One guy I could not find on the program.  I found his number on the program but no way he was 7', he was more like 6' and doubt if he was from Haiti.

That's brings some perspective to things. My wife was saying the same thing about the flu, that sometimes the effects linger for a week or two, even if it's out of your system. Well hopefully he can get some rest and be back to 100%. Thanks for the info.