Lame CUSA may only qualify five (5) for Bowls

NT80

11 hours ago, NT80 said:

I think if UTSA wins Conference they would get choice of the five CUSA Bowls.  I bet they would take New Orleans; indoors and party city.   

The other Bowls probably then get decided by ESPN.   UNT would have a good shot at Ft. Worth, to bring a crowd.  Assignments may depend on school's finals, graduations and conflicts too.

ESPN has a lot of pull. I think we play Coastal in the NO bowl no matter what. It was embarrassing to see 30 UTSA fans in the stands on Saturday and that being 26 more than Rice had. Rice simply does not pull its weight anymore. Houston area  doesn't care about Rice anymore than Rice cares about Rice.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, LitMedallion said:

ESPN has a lot of pull. I think we play Coastal in the NO bowl no matter what. It was embarrassing to see 30 UTSA fans in the stands on Saturday and that being 26 more than Rice had. Rice simply does not pull its weight anymore. Houston area  doesn't care about Rice anymore than Rice cares about Rice.

UTSA in NO on Dec 21 and NT in Armed Forces on Dec 22 is the best possible alignment, I think.  It gives both of us enough time after the Championship game.  Bahamas and New Mex could be filled with others that are already bowl eligible but not playing on Dec 2.

Edited by Old Denton
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

She does, but this guy thinks she only keeps a job because she's a woman. As if no man has ever spent too long in a position he didn't belong. And that's fine if that's his opinion, but he professes it like some incel who hasn't been touched by a woman in decades.

That’s an insult to my wife and my kids, not to mention my friends and family. 

I think you’ll find plenty of content that talked about RV, a male, being here for way too long as the AD. Yet he finally got fired for sucking at his job, rather obviously, but there was no pressure to protect him anymore.

My belief is Judy McLeod hasn’t been fired because nobody in leadership is taking on the task of firing the first female commissioner. That’s a great way to get called out by the media and the university’s female leadership and faculty for being sexist. Never mind that she’s been terrible at her job for CUSA in almost everyone’s opinion.

Believing this doesn’t make me think anyone who thinks differently has some kind of weird sex vibe. That’s rude and should be beneath you if you have any character.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

15 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

That’s an insult to my wife and my kids, not to mention my friends and family. 

There ya go. Start with the hyperbole and bring out the poor wife and kids to use as a shield for someone calling out YOUR shitty behavior. Very manly of you.

My belief is Judy McLeod hasn’t been fired because nobody in leadership is taking on the task of firing the first female commissioner. That’s a great way to get called out by the media and the university’s female leadership and faculty for being sexist. Never mind that she’s been terrible at her job for CUSA in almost everyone’s opinion.

And thank you for proving my point. You don't really have any evidence of this reasoning other than the fact that's she's a female who is bad at her job. Do you apply this to any woman who isn't canned at their job for being lackluster? 

I'm sure those in power at CUSA are torn between the  duality of watching schools leave early for the Sun Belt vs keeping the first female commissioner in place so as not to hurt her feelings.  I'm sure those at CUSA headquarters who are watching CUSA barely survive as an FBS conference and who badly wanna change direction, are totally avoiding it so as not to risk "looking sexist".

If this is what you think is actually happening, then the people who can fire her are arguably doing a worse job than she is.

Believing this doesn’t make me think anyone who thinks differently has some kind of weird sex vibe. That’s rude and should be beneath you if you have any character.

It's not rude to call out intolerant, misogynistic thinking. It's rude of you to keep repeating it. You can hate on Judy and her job all you want, but you look like a creep who hates women when you constantly scream how her job is protected by her gender.

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

54 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

There ya go. Start with the hyperbole and bring out the poor wife and kids to use as a shield for someone calling out YOUR shitty behavior. Very manly of you.

And thank you for proving my point. You don't really have any evidence of this reasoning other than the fact that's she's a female who is bad at her job. Do you apply this to any woman who isn't canned at their job for being lackluster? 

I'm sure those in power at CUSA are torn between the  duality of watching schools leave early for the Sun Belt vs keeping the first female commissioner in place so as not to hurt her feelings.  I'm sure those at CUSA headquarters who are watching CUSA barely survive as an FBS conference and who badly wanna change direction, are totally avoiding it so as not to risk "looking sexist".

If this is what you think is actually happening, then the people who can fire her are arguably doing a worse job than she is.

It's not rude to call out intolerant, misogynistic thinking. It's rude of you to keep repeating it. You can hate on Judy and her job all you want, but you look like a creep who hates women when you constantly scream how her job is protected by her gender.

This is to the rest of the board.

My complaining about Judy being terrible as a CUSA commissioner has everything to do with her choosing poor teams to join the league, thinking off brand networks to show the league’s games, and for connecting with bowl games that are often ridiculous to be aligned with (Hawaii and Bahamas) are the reasons. Saying that no man is going to lead the charge to replace the first female commissioner of the worst FBS conference for years has everything to do with the MEN not wanting to get the scrutiny/removal that would occur from those upset at a FEMALE being removed, since she’s the first one. That’s on the MEN, not the WOMAN or WOMEN.

I apologize for making anyone think differently of my opinion. As a married man (to a woman) and having a daughter, I wouldn’t ever think less of anyone because of how God created him or her. 

Im also gonna plan to leave this place. I’ve become what I always said about UNT90, that this place drives people crazy, and it’s apparent that this is now happened to me. I’ve decided it’s time to find something else to follow, after 32 years. I’ve enjoyed some great times and great people. And I thank Harry for this board—but it’s just got to the point where I spend too much time here being mad at my alma mater and some of its posters here. That’s just not worth it to me anymore.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

My complaining about Judy being terrible as a CUSA commissioner has everything to do with her choosing poor teams to join the league, thinking off brand networks to show the league’s games, and for connecting with bowl games that are often ridiculous to be aligned with (Hawaii and Bahamas) are the reasons. Saying that no man is going to lead the charge to replace the first female commissioner of the worst FBS conference for years has everything to do with the MEN not wanting to get the scrutiny/removal that would occur from those upset at a FEMALE being removed, since she’s the first one. That’s on the MEN, not the WOMAN or WOMEN.

I apologize for making anyone think differently of my opinion. As a married man (to a woman) and having a daughter, I wouldn’t ever think less of anyone because of how God created him or her. 

Im also gonna plan to leave this place. I’ve become what I always said about UNT90, that this place drives people crazy, and it’s apparent that this is now happened to me. I’ve decided it’s time to find something else to follow, after 32 years. I’ve enjoyed some great times and great people. And I thank Harry for this board—but it’s just got to the point where I spend too much time here being mad at my alma mater and some of its posters here. That’s just not worth it to me anymore.

@untjim1995Don't let a Social Justice warrior run you off. Many people have been saying the same things about Judy for years. Those who are not trying to push their agenda on others understand what you meant.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

Jim I ain't trying to bully anyone off any board. I left twitter because it was so antagonistic and hateful. It's not that serious man.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

aiming gwyneth paltrow GIF

• Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

This conference was dead before we joined and before Judy took over. 

Actually at the time most said the Sun Belt was finished. While I do believe Judy has been a very bad commissioner this falls on the University Presidents. Hopefully there is more of a commitment in the American.

• Upvote 2