Congrats to UTSA

Jonnyeagle

2 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

Y'all hatin on this guy for literally explaining something posted by a Mean Green fan. Good grief I thought I had anger issues. 

Nah, it’s because Judy has a vagina. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Haha 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

14 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

I would puke with the rest of y'all, but UNT is even worse about flaunting regular season and division championships (which usually lead to bombing in the conference tourney).

Unfortunately, this is very true. Hoisting an NIT banner in basketball is extremely cringey

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

19 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

It doesn’t make sense in other sports either. It’s incredibly unstable having multiple teams claiming league titles for the same year. You don’t see the NBA/NFL/MLB crowning a regular season champion. 

It does for post season consideration in baseball, basketball, etc. CUSA might actually be on the forefront here knowing the playoffs are about to expand and divisions in all conferences are going away. SEC confirmed they will not have divisions. We've already seen a non-SEC winner make the natty and actually win it all 3 times. Alabama over LSU, Alabama over Georgia, Georgia over Alabama. 

On 11/19/2022 at 4:53 PM, Cr1028 said:

How do they get the trophy before the champ game?

The trophy was probably already made for each division before Marshall, USM, and ODU jumped abruptly to the Sunbelt.

That wouldn't surprise me one bit to see this repurposed. LOL

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Unfortunately, this is very true. Hoisting an NIT banner in basketball is extremely cringey

This 100%. Literally a participation banner. 

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Not as cringy as the west division/regular season champion banner in my opinion.

They really need to put up a plaque somewhere that lists NIT/NCAA appearances, and division titles. Banners should be reserved for conference titles and Sweet Sixteen, Elite 8, Final Four appearances. 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

26 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

They really need to put up a plaque somewhere that lists NIT/NCAA appearances, and division titles. Banners should be reserved for conference titles and Sweet Sixteen, Elite 8, Final Four appearances. 

I’m okay with the banners for now. I agree that ideally they’d be for Sweet 16 and better, but we’re not there yet. Soon. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

6 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

I’m okay with the banners for now. I agree that ideally they’d be for Sweet 16 and better, but we’re not there yet. Soon. 

Maybe if they have to consolidate banners one day they will auction off the others lol.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Most programs around the country hang banners for their post-season appearances.  You'll be nauseous for the rest of your fandom.  I would keep some meds on you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, greenminer said:

Most programs around the country hang banners for their post-season appearances.  You'll be nauseous for the rest of your fandom.  I would keep some meds on you. 

Maybe you should look up the definition of cringey before commenting. Language comprehension isn't for everyone

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Confused 1