WBB NT manages to lose

GrandGreen

NT led at half over Wichita St. 41-24

Than manages to get beat 53-57

Another very questionable coaching job, scoring a whole 12 points in the second half

An example with a lead at the end of third quarter with less than 25 seconds to go, NT goes down and shoots early and misses; than WSU scores

Nobles was unstoppable in first half with 25 points, WSU concentrates on stopping her in the second half and NT is helpless

• Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

So are we not talking about JM's job because it's a woman's sport or because she's alum? Or both? Seems to be reeling since the beginning. 

Be careful, Ben…people get mad when you mention this with freaking Judy McLeod. Imagine this reaction with one of our alums…

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Add another non-competitive loss to a very beatable SMU team 58-76.

First one to get the ball throw it up.  Little defense under the basket.

This NT team looks to me like that have some talent, but I don't expect better than a second half of CUSA finish.  

Pathetic! 😡

5 hours ago, untbowler said:

remember WB extended her at same time he extended Mac, Mac at least has some skins, Jalie only has excuses for not being competitive. Constant roster turnover and always has injuries, at some point blame the coaching and it is obvious this year

Can you even imagine how bad this team would be without the best player in the league, Quincy Noble.

5 hours ago, untbowler said:

remember WB extended her at same time he extended Mac, Mac at least has some skins, Jalie only has excuses for not being competitive. Constant roster turnover and always has injuries, at some point blame the coaching and it is obvious this year

I thought that was a bad mistake by Baker.

It IMO downplayed Mac's success pairing him with Mitchell.

I guess it was done for equity purposes extending Mitchell and Mac at the same time. 

I also thought NT had a good chance to get Karen Aston if they had not been coached by Mitchell.  She is at UTSA now and even after a 1-5 start, she will move UTSA up and most likely destroy NT.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I also thought NT had a good chance to get Karen Aston if they had not been coached by Mitchell.  She is at UTSA now and even after a 1-5 start, she will move UTSA up and most likely destroy NT.  

Karen Aston is a really good coach.  In her only season at NT she turned a 5-25 team from Shanice Stephens into 15-16 the next year.

Sadly, I too fear this is (and ought to be) coach Mitchells last year at NT. There may have been reason to believe she may turn it around finally, but now those reasons look effemeral now and she had more chances than coaches usually get, but the results never really came, and now it looks like it is rolling off a cliff. Short of a crazy late season and tournament run I don't see how she can be brought back.

• Upvote 1