Did you see that?

DeepGreen

19 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

On College Gameday they did a segment on "did TCU deserve" it

This is the whole reason to expand the playoffs.  No way for humans to pick the Best 4 teams, it varies too much weekly.   Undefeated doesn't always mean better than a 1-loss team.  Lots of factors to consider.  The fairest way is to let more quality teams into a playoff and let them play it out!

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

And, am I the only one who has noticed that he has done this in his first year of coaching @ TCU? 

And(2) when Dykes was hired, was there a stampede of talent going out the door because the beloved Gary Patterson was no longer their coach? 

SO, it just goes to show that it doesn't take a competent coach 7+ years to have success at his new coaching job. And there are lots of other likable/lovable coaches out there.

Couldn't agree more.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

And, am I the only one who has noticed that he has done this in his first year of coaching @ TCU? 

And(2) when Dykes was hired, was there a stampede of talent going out the door because the beloved Gary Patterson was no longer their coach? 

SO, it just goes to show that it doesn't take a competent coach 7+ years to have success at his new coaching job. And there are lots of other likable/lovable coaches out there.

Totally agree. We have a ton of "be careful what you wish for because the grass isn't always greener" commenters out there but we know what we get with Littrell so it's worth a shot to look at breaking past his ceiling since many coaches have shown how far they can go in such a short time. Side note: I have no faith in Littrell getting it done in a rematch with UTSA in a Championship game if we do get that far given his record in big games. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

That’s nonsense, most on here wouldn’t have even hired Sonny to be our coach, much less P5 TCU. He has only finished higher than 3rd in conference once in his career plus the aforementioned bowl record.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have a bit of a soft spot for TCU since I grew up in the area, went to games as a kid, was a vendor there in my teen years, and my brother went there.

But in general, I root against every Texas college football team that's not us.

So if it's going to be someone, I'm fine with it being TCU. 

Edited by Monkeypox
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I saw a picture of the Texas am vs Auburn at the Kyle Field.  I would have never thought there could so few fans at Texas A&M game.  I know it cold and some showers but those are rabid fans down there.  I tried to cut a pic of but I guess you cant  cut from Facebook.  Rice may have outdrawn them.

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

I saw a picture of the Texas am vs Auburn at the Kyle Field.  I would have never thought there could so few fans at Texas A&M game.  I know it cold and some showers but those are rabid fans down there.  I tried to cut a pic of but I guess you cant  cut from Facebook.  Rice may have outdrawn them.

Auburn was 10 days ago at Auburn.

Last Saturday A$M hosted UMass, was that the poorly attended game?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

This is the photo you’re thinking of

E6A2A960-224A-43D3-9E01-75B00FFA1E63.webp

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1