UNT projected to play Air Force in Hawaii Bowl

Coach Andy Mac

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

E$PN wants fans in $tands, which we would bring to Ft.Worth.

Actually ESPN wants fans watching on ESPN,ESPNU,ESPN2,ESPN+,ETC. I think butts in seats is secondary. You could fit all of FAU fans in a SMART car yet they are listed as playing in the New Mexico Bowl.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, wardly said:

Been there, done that before in New Mexico Bowl.

The last time I was at the Hawaii-Hula bowl was 1974. It wasn't a real bowl game it was an All star game. Being stationed at the Marine Barracks, we were invited to march during the half time show. Hot and humid, but a lot of fun.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wardly said:

Actually ESPN wants fans watching on ESPN,ESPNU,ESPN2,ESPN+,ETC. I think butts in seats is secondary. You could fit all of FAU fans in a SMART car yet they are listed as playing in the New Mexico Bowl.

FAU wouldn't bring fans to a Boca Bowl, but they won't be going bowling anyway.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

The other Frisco Bowl's logo on the 50. The overwhelming feel of the game being played on a soccer field. And especially the fact that everywhere I went, they wouldn't accept cash. They wanted me to use my cards, and I don't like using cards. Even at Apogee, I pay with cash. A third-rate bowl like either of the Friscos should be glad to take cash, instead of inconveniencing the attendees. 

Yeah, those gripes are valid. They didn’t bother me quite so much, but I understand it.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

The other Frisco Bowl's logo on the 50. The overwhelming feel of the game being played on a soccer field. And especially the fact that everywhere I went, they wouldn't accept cash. They wanted me to use my cards, and I don't like using cards. Even at Apogee, I pay with cash. A third-rate bowl like either of the Friscos should be glad to take cash, instead of inconveniencing the attendees. 

Not trying to be a dick but it's 2022. Get used to it.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

Not trying to be a dick but it's 2022. Get used to it.

Just like at the UNLV game, no cash just cards. They over charged for everything and wanted a tip for selling you a bottle of water. When people pay with a card they will over spend and the arena's know this.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

18 hours ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

The answer is still "No thanks". That entire experience sucked. If UNT ever goes back to that P.O.S. I'll watch the game from home. 

That's exactly the same vow I made a few years ago after going to my final game @ the Alamo Dump...err. Dome.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, untphd said:

When people pay with a card they will over spend and the arena's know this.

And banks. And anyone who deals in sales.

Our brains process transactions differently when we have to sacrifice something physical (cash), vs when we don’t sacrifice anything (the card is handed back). In the subconscious, our mind doesn’t think it lost as much to acquire the service/food/item and, thus, on a broad societal level…we spend more with cards.

• Upvote 4

The card thing is becoming the norm, unfortunately. Both Capital One Arena and The Anthem (concert venue) in DC only accept cards. I definitely prefer to use cash in those situations because it’s easier to track my spending - especially at around $16 a beer at the Wizards-Mavs game. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

The card thing is becoming the norm, unfortunately. Both Capital One Arena and The Anthem (concert venue) in DC only accept cards. I definitely prefer to use cash in those situations because it’s easier to track my spending - especially at around $16 a beer at the Wizards-Mavs game. 

$16 a beer?  Who TF would pay that!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, 2020 Sucks said:

$16 a beer?  Who TF would pay that!

Well they were talls at least but still it was insane. I wasn’t going to buy one but I got a bunch of free tacos and so a beer was basically mandatory. 
Now at the concert last month, the double bourbons at $30 something each added up quickly…

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 97and03 said:

A lot of places are cards only because:

1. cashiers don't know how to make change 

2. cashiers skim cash out of the register

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

19 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Well they were talls at least but still it was insane. I wasn’t going to buy one but I got a bunch of free tacos and so a beer was basically mandatory. 
Now at the concert last month, the double bourbons at $30 something each added up quickly…

Can't you bring in a leather wine skin, under your jacket.

• Upvote 1

On 11/21/2022 at 4:02 PM, Side.Show.Joe said:

opulence i has it GIF

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

I attended that game and got suckered in to buying an overprice shirt and the concessions choice were not that good. I still remember our first drive how easy it looked.  I thought we were going to blow them out and was I ever wrong.

I got the shirt AND the hoodie. It’s the Frisco Classic. Worth it. 😂

• Sad 1