UNT projected to play Air Force in Hawaii Bowl

Coach Andy Mac

EasyPost Hawaii Bowl (Dec. 24)

Air Force vs. North Texas: The Falcons could land in a few different spots, but how about the Hawaii Bowl, which it has never played in? Five other MW schools have appeared in this bowl, and with Hawaii out of bowl contention, a non-Rainbow Warriors team will fill the void. North Texas is 6-5, so it's clinched a bowl heading into its regular-season finale with Rice next week. This game hasn't been played since 2019 due to COVID-19 issues.

Read more:  https://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/mountain-west-football-bowl-projections-heading-into-penultimate-week-of-regular-season

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

11 minutes ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

EasyPost Hawaii Bowl (Dec. 24)

Air Force vs. North Texas: The Falcons could land in a few different spots, but how about the Hawaii Bowl, which it has never played in? Five other MW schools have appeared in this bowl, and with Hawaii out of bowl contention, a non-Rainbow Warriors team will fill the void. North Texas is 6-5, so it's clinched a bowl heading into its regular-season finale with Rice next week. This game hasn't been played since 2019 due to COVID-19 issues.

Read more:  https://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/mountain-west-football-bowl-projections-heading-into-penultimate-week-of-regular-season

Christmas Eve would get a good amount of eyes on the team. Would be a nice experience for the guys.  Removing my selfishness, good for them. 

• Upvote 7
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

We have been pegged to go to Albuquerque and the Bahamas as well as Hawaii . I think it will depend on how we finish. If we play and beat UTSA winning the conference championship and finish at 8&5 we should have better choices than losing and ending with a 7&6 record. However we must beat Rice. Losing to them and ending the season at 6&6 in 4th place in conference behind WK and UAB [assuming they beat La. Tech] would be butt ugly.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

3 hours ago, wardly said:

We have been pegged to go to Albuquerque and the Bahamas as well as Hawaii . I think it will depend on how we finish. If we play and beat UTSA winning the conference championship and finish at 8&5 we should have better choices than losing and ending with a 7&6 record. However we must beat Rice. Losing to them and ending the season at 6&6 in 4th place in conference behind WK and UAB [assuming they beat La. Tech] would be butt ugly.

I agree, and most current projections are vs Utah State in Albuquerque.  I’m would much rather play AF,  but I think we are going to need to win our last 2 to have a decent chance at that.

• Puking Eagle 1

7 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

Aside from the actual game, I had a good experience. What soured you?

The other Frisco Bowl's logo on the 50. The overwhelming feel of the game being played on a soccer field. And especially the fact that everywhere I went, they wouldn't accept cash. They wanted me to use my cards, and I don't like using cards. Even at Apogee, I pay with cash. A third-rate bowl like either of the Friscos should be glad to take cash, instead of inconveniencing the attendees. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

The other Frisco Bowl's logo on the 50. The overwhelming feel of the game being played on a soccer field. And especially the fact that everywhere I went, they wouldn't accept cash. They wanted me to use my cards, and I don't like using cards. Even at Apogee, I pay with cash. A third-rate bowl like either of the Friscos should be glad to take cash, instead of inconveniencing the attendees. 

All the game previews and summaries had to tell about it being a last-minute, made-up, fake Bowl.  Throw in a spare opponent with no fans, our poor team play, and it all made for a disaster in media coverage for us.  

• Upvote 3