In defense of Littrell

JT Hammons

When Seth was hired he had tons of other options but chose to be the HC at UNT because he loved the place and saw the potential here.  He still does and there is not a job he would rather have in the world.  Which is why he turned down K-State when they came calling.   Let that sink in for a minute, we have a coach that loves being here.  He does not see this as a stepping stone like Dodge did or a retirement package like McCarney did.

And unlike Dickey, he has never said a bad thing about UNT, including the administration as well as the fans.  He's never proclaimed things are "tough at North Texas" as many of his predecessors have.  So I think some, not all of you need to be extremely careful about your bloodlust to run Seth out of town and put such a black mark on his career.

Part of the problem is everyone on here seems to think UNT can do better than Seth.  Most others would disagree and would say be careful what you wish for.

When Seth arrived, this place was an absolute mess.  UNT had just lost to a D III squad by 59 points, the biggest FCS win over an FBS team in history!  Seth immediately turned a hapless program into a proud bowl team in HIS FIRST SEASON IN THE JOB FOLKS!  After this season he will have led UNT to 6 bowls in 7 years.  Think about that.  That is a phenomenal record at a place like UNT.

He is the only coach since Hayden Fry to beat a top 25 team and he has taken the program to more bowls than Fry or any other coach in the history of UNT.  And this season, he very well may win the conference!   He has always run a very clean program with no NCAA infractions and he also has some of the highest GPA scores of any regime in the history of UNT.

On top of all this, the players love Seth.  If he leaves I would anticipate major defections will occur.  Firing Seth would set this program back years especially as it heads to a new conference.   There would have never been a Mason Fine if it had not been for Seth's ability to identify talent.  The players want to play for him.

I beg you, please keep an open mind and give Seth an extension that in line with what he deserves.  The grass is not always greener on the other side.  This program needs stability, and patience.  There are brighter days ahead for all of you if you will give Seth a chance to finish the job he started.

• Upvote 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 4
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 18
  • Puking Eagle 8

38 minutes ago, JT Hammons said:

When Seth was hired he had tons of other options but chose to be the HC at UNT because he loved the place and saw the potential here.  He still does and there is not a job he would rather have in the world.  Which is why he turned down K-State when they came calling.   Let that sink in for a minute, we have a coach that loves being here.  He does not see this as a stepping stone like Dodge did or a retirement package like McCarney did.

And unlike Dickey, he has never said a bad thing about UNT, including the administration as well as the fans.  He's never proclaimed things are "tough at North Texas" as many of his predecessors have.  So I think some, not all of you need to be extremely careful about your bloodlust to run Seth out of town and put such a black mark on his career.

Part of the problem is everyone on here seems to think UNT can do better than Seth.  Most others would disagree and would say be careful what you wish for.

When Seth arrived, this place was an absolute mess.  UNT had just lost to a D III squad by 59 points, the biggest FCS win over an FBS team in history!  Seth immediately turned a hapless program into a proud bowl team in HIS FIRST SEASON IN THE JOB FOLKS!  After this season he will have led UNT to 6 bowls in 7 years.  Think about that.  That is a phenomenal record at a place like UNT.

He is the only coach since Hayden Fry to beat a top 25 team and he has taken the program to more bowls than Fry or any other coach in the history of UNT.  And this season, he very well may win the conference!   He has always run a very clean program with no NCAA infractions and he also has some of the highest GPA scores of any regime in the history of UNT.

On top of all this, the players love Seth.  If he leaves I would anticipate major defections will occur.  Firing Seth would set this program back years especially as it heads to a new conference.   There would have never been a Mason Fine if it had not been for Seth's ability to identify talent.  The players want to play for him.

I beg you, please keep an open mind and give Seth an extension that in line with what he deserves.  The grass is not always greener on the other side.  This program needs stability, and patience.  There are brighter days ahead for all of you if you will give Seth a chance to finish the job he started.

Season 3 Trolling GIF by Paramount+

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

51 minutes ago, JT Hammons said:

As if the entirety of your message was not full of enough 💩, this comments show you do not have a freaking clue.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 4

• KingDL1 unfeatured this topic

Seth is a great guy that is loyal and doesn't Bull Shit. I have never heard make excuses for losses.

We might be the only school in the country that bitches about the head coach compensation, but the majority supported it at the time. W-L is the deciding factor. The good news is he and the team have control over their destiny. He wins a Championship he will be back.

If we lose Seth he will have no problem landing on his feet. He is very well respected in the coaching community and I believe most coaches on the outside looking in believe he has done a good job.

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

Yes, we should be ever so grateful for a career .500 coach with no bowl wins or conference championships in 7 years. We should give him even more money!

Schitts Creek Ok GIF by CBC

6 years and one was a waste of a season with the Covid crap, but I understand your frustration.  We need to let this season play out to see if we win any conference championships or bowl games in 7 years.  

• Upvote 3

During the Fry era they were not a lot of bowl games.  With his record in this day and age he would be in bowl game every year.  I bet he would have won a few along the way.  SL is no Haden Fry.  Look at who Fry was playing during the season.   

Yeah I don't want to fall off the cliff like LATECH did.  If we were in the AAC this year we would have a losing record and would not be going to a bowl.  

I still think Holtz would be a good candidate for the HC job.

JT Hammonds=Sexton?

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 5

55 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

2 million and don’t forget, no accountability. 

I don't know why people are so hung up on how much he makes or thinks it's too much.  We should be happy because it basically means at a minimum this amount is already "in the budget" and if we need to up the ante for a new coach we're starting with this as a base and not something a lot lower.  He's also held accountable to the terms and conditions of his contract and as far as any of us know has not violated any of them.  So, I don't get that either.

• Upvote 4

KState wouldn’t allow him to bring certain coaches, according to the rumor on why he ultimately turned it down. Says a lot about him and his character and his relationships with his coaches, I guess. Still though, he’s had his time here. It’s time to get out. 

This has to be MrAlien trolling under another account. The same NT should be grateful for being the dogs ass of college football tone…

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 5