Question for the board...

keith

3 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I have zero belief that Littrell was ever offered a job at KSU.  IMO, it was spin from Littrell's agent with no other support.   

I'm a step further than you, FWIW:

I think the job was offered.  I think it was a legit and convenient way to leverage SL's position and he could have chosen to go or stay.

The whole thing about KSU wanting to dictate the assistants and that being the deal-breaker for SL...I'm not so sure.  I have never ever heard of (until this) that a school wanted to dictate the assistant positions.

NEW QUESTION (for anyone): did KSU try and pull that with the guy they actually hired, or was this something they only tried with SL?

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, greenminer said:

NEW QUESTION (for anyone): did KSU try and pull that with the guy they actually hired, or was this something they only tried with SL?

As I recall this whole KSU job required Seth to accept a couple of assistant coaches as part of the deal.  One was Snyder’s son and the other was an ex KSU QB maybe Collin Klein?  Story was they offered Seth prior to Kleinman but once Seth’s agent Sexton starting playing hard ball they focused in on Kleinman and that was it.

• Upvote 3

On 11/16/2022 at 10:55 AM, keith said:

First, with respect to the performance of UNT football in general and the head coach specifically, what are your expectations/requirements?  

I'm a simple fan. All I ask is that North Texas become the Alabama of the G5

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/18/2022 at 5:08 PM, NT80 said:

Really?

You said it was impressive for Seth to have back to back 9 win seasons. 

Since then his teams have went 4-8, 4-6, 6-7, and 6-5 this year.

What changed to cause the decline?  I suggested it was the QB loss of Mason Fine (as in gone, ship sailed).  Perhaps the loss of GH as well, or the lack to refill players in recruiting, especially at QB.   Whatever the reason, the good seasons, as well as the bad ones, fall on Seth as HC. 

The trend with a pending tougher conference, loss of veteran QB and no promising backup, is not to resume 9 wins anytime soon.  

We were taking about the ‘17 and ‘18 seasons and how impressive they were considering how bad we’d been in the years prior. Whatever point you’re trying to make is a completely different conversation. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/18/2022 at 3:01 PM, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Of course you would choose that magic number. I wonder why. Are you related to Seth? What's in this for you? And 8 years? Sheeeeesh. That is crazy. Just minimal to zero expectations. Absurd, that's what that is. 

Having insane and unrealistic expectations doesn’t make you a better fan. It just makes you look like a clown. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Having insane and unrealistic expectations doesn’t make you a better fan. It just makes you look like a clown. 

So saying a conference champ trophy in 4 years with relative top of the line facilities and pay is clown talk? But clown talk is NOT giving a coach 8 years. E. I. G. H. T. And I'm the clown. Up your shit talking if you're going to talk shit. Bc you have no substance or platform. Seth Littrell is a dud. Deal with it. 

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

So saying a conference champ trophy in 4 years with relative top of the line facilities and pay is clown talk? But clown talk is NOT giving a coach 8 years. E. I. G. H. T. And I'm the clown. Up your shit talking if you're going to talk shit. Bc you have no substance or platform. Seth Littrell is a dud. Deal with it. 

Why do you think I’m supporting Littrell? Like I’ve said, he lives RENT FREE in your head. We don’t have superior facilities and pay in the AAC. Demanding a new coach win a conference title in four years in ridiculous. Especially, if he’s pumping out winning seasons. What program do you think we’re supporting? It ain’t Alabama. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

There are two types of fans on here. Those that think what you’re saying is ridiculous and those that think that’s absolutely where we should be.

I happen to be in the latter…

Fans of a program who hasn’t won a conference title in 18 years demanding their coach turn them into a G5 powerhouse crack me up. It’s one thing to expect 6 wins to be the floor, but to demand championship appearances and top 25 rankings every other year is delusional. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Why do you think I’m supporting Littrell? Like I’ve said, he lives RENT FREE in your head. We don’t have superior facilities and pay in the AAC. Demanding a new coach win a conference title in four years in ridiculous. Especially, if he’s pumping out winning seasons. What program do you think we’re supporting? It ain’t Alabama. 

Outside of constantly defending SL, no idea. 

I am referring to the expectations that should have been set forth for SL starting his 7-year UNT tenure. He should've already won the conference (that's not being bama). He shouldn't have lost every bowl (that's not being bama). He is batting .500 vs a largely weak career schedule at UNT (that's not being bama). You think he has earned a right to stay. There is nothing of substance to suggest he has or should. His time has come to pass. There is nothing left to say. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1

4 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Fans of a program who hasn’t won a conference title in 18 years demanding their coach turn them into a G5 powerhouse crack me up. It’s one thing to expect 6 wins to be the floor, but to demand championship appearances and top 25 rankings every other year is delusional. 

Show me where one person has posted this, 1. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Outside of constantly defending SL, no idea. 

I am referring to the expectations that should have been set forth for SL starting his 7-year UNT tenure. He should've already won the conference (that's not being bama). He shouldn't have lost every bowl (that's not being bama). He is batting .500 vs a largely weak career schedule at UNT (that's not being bama). You think he has earned a right to stay. There is nothing of substance to suggest he has or should. His time has come to pass. There is nothing left to say. 

Lol you’ve somehow turned a conversation about a potential new coach’s expectations into something about Littrell. Definition of obsession. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Lol you’ve somehow turned a conversation about a potential new coach’s expectations into something about Littrell. Definition of obsession. 

You quoted something I posted like 30 hours ago that pertained to Littrell. That's where the conversation started. You have no idea what you are talking about. In this dialouge (which started like a week ago have you), you've gone from just maybe being an ingnorant and apathetic fan that is just happy to be here to a complete Seth Littrell simp. 

I am obsessed with one thing pertaining to Seth Littrell, him being fired. After that, it's onto the next and I hope he can recruit his tail off and be an energized ambassador of UNT. If not, insert name of more of the same by late '25. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

You quoted something I posted like 30 hours ago that pertained to Littrell. That's where the conversation started. You have no idea what you are talking about. In this dialouge (which started like a week ago have you), you've gone from just maybe being an ingnorant and apathetic fan that is just happy to be here to a complete Seth Littrell simp. 

I am obsessed with one thing pertaining to Seth Littrell, him being fired. After that, it's onto the next and I hope he can recruit his tail off and be an energized ambassador of UNT. If not, insert name of more of the same by late '25. 

No it wasn’t. It was pertaining to me saying I might get tired of a coach coming up just short in winning a conference title after 8 years despite winning records. You were mocking that because your standards demand conference titles. 
Ive already said multiples times in different threads that if it were up to me Littrell would have to win out to see next year. Not sure how that’s being a simp? 

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2

On 11/16/2022 at 12:46 PM, Dannymacfan said:

Sonny Dykes is not a great recruiter, he couldn't sell his way out of paper bag.  But he has a system and he hired the right guys to implement it.  Littrell has never gotten this right and he never will.

That may only apply here and not Littrell's next job.  And the only great offensive X & O thing I have seen from him is pretty consistently being able to run out of the spread formation, especially if defenses aren’t selling out to stop it.  Knowing this it is odd to me that it seems he wants more of a pocket passer to run his system.  If Aune was a home run threat in the option game his 55% completions wouldn’t be a big negative and we probably win the UTSA game.  He could not get it to work with Jason Bean, a running QB who is clearly talented enough to be dynamic  in CUSA play.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

This is the toxic mentality that brings this program down…it permeates into every fiber of Denton.  Just because we arent in a P5 conference, people have no concept of what a dominant G5 looks like outside of a couple dozen die hard football fans.  If this is what we are always going to expect, we should just go FCS and try to compete with TAMU Commerce and forget the big boys!

• Upvote 5

29 minutes ago, 2020 Sucks said:

This is the toxic mentality that brings this program down…it permeates into every fiber of Denton.  Just because we arent in a P5 conference, people have no concept of what a dominant G5 looks like outside of a couple dozen die hard football fans.  If this is what we are always going to expect, we should just go FCS and try to compete with TAMU Commerce and forget the big boys!

No doubt. And I'm still scratching my head in what he perceives as crazy and insane. I seldom read insane expectations on this board. In fact, far from it. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

No doubt. And I'm still scratching my head in what he perceives as crazy and insane. I seldom read insane expectations on this board. In fact, far from it. 

Amen - agree with you 100%.  Please show me one time someone on here was asking too much.  All we want is what we deserve and what we rightfully should have coming to us based on the investment that has been made in this program.  

• Upvote 1

On 11/18/2022 at 8:22 PM, greenminer said:

The whole thing about KSU wanting to dictate the assistants and that being the deal-breaker for SL...I'm not so sure.  I have never ever heard of (until this) that a school wanted to dictate the assistant positions.

That would have been a good thing when Todd Dodge was hired.

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

You saying a coach should win a conference title and bowls his fist four years. 

Edited by UNTcrazy727

21 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

You saying a coach should win a conference title and bowls his fist four years. 

FOUR YEARS?! of course he should win one on four years. We are not Louisiana Monroe. We have an infrastructure and investment in place where winning a championship and bowl games within the fourth year of a coach being here is not crazy, insane or even a little bit too much to ask. 

My God man we don’t need a high paid coach OR high paid AD if that’s not a realistic expectation. Drop football down and invest in basketball if that’s too much. 

CUSA is the worst conference in America and has been since Littrell has been here and he hasn’t won it. 

and guess what. When UCF, UH and Cincy leave, the AAC will not be THAT much better. (A little better yes) but we should absolutely be able to win the conference in the next four years. For crying out loud Cincy, UCF and UH are being replaced with Rice, Charlotte, FAU in addition to others. 

Edited by TheColonyEagle