DRC: UNT women to take on SFA and its towering front line

Brett Vito

I know McGruder was out with an illness that was not COVID related. The men had the flu and got blasted my St. Mary and now McGruder is ill and the women get blasted by SFA. Did they all have flu going around as well? If so, does the entire athletic department have it going around? This was two very bad performances by both basketball teams within the span of a week.

43 minutes ago, Venson said:

I know McGruder was out with an illness that was not COVID related. The men had the flu and got blasted my St. Mary and now McGruder is ill and the women get blasted by SFA. Did they all have flu going around as well? If so, does the entire athletic department have it going around? This was two very bad performances by both basketball teams within the span of a week.

Not sure why anybody would equate having Perry and Jones out with McGruder's absence.

McGruder had 3 points and 2 rebounds in NT's first game and only averaged 3.5 pts last year.  

She is supposed to be a much better player this year, but don't get the comparison with Perry. 

NT got clobbered in both games by very good teams.  However, NT men were playing away in California without their two starting guards.  The women were at home without McGruder, who starts but has not yet been able to be effective.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

23 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Not sure why anybody would equate having Perry and Jones out with McGruder's absence.

McGruder had 3 points and 2 rebounds in NT's first game and only averaged 3.5 pts last year.  

She is supposed to be a much better player this year, but don't get the comparison with Perry. 

NT got clobbered in both games by very good teams.  However, NT men were playing away in California without their two starting guards.  The women were at home without McGruder, who starts but has not yet been able to be effective.  

I wasn't equating her to Perry or Jones. I was just asking if maybe her illness and the flu going around the men's team might be related. I was really looking for some reason that both teams got blasted during the same time frame.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Venson said:

I wasn't equating her to Perry or Jones. I was just asking if maybe her illness and the flu going around the men's team might be related. I was really looking for some reason that both teams got blasted during the same time frame.

Good point, and it certainly contributed to the poor performance for both teams.

However, I think the main reason is that both the SFA women and St. Mary men are much better teams than what NT fields at this time. 

On 11/18/2022 at 6:10 PM, Glory to the Green said:

Didn’t SFA make the tournament last year?  They’re a good program. I don’t think we should be losing by 40 to them, but let’s not pretend like they can’t play. Let’s see what happens in Witchita St. Season is still early. 

done and poor coaching lost a 17 pt game at the half, might be time for a change if WBB wants to progress.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1