We need to pack Apogee for the Rice Game. Link attached for discounted tickets.

TheReal_jayD

• Harry featured this topic

0 shot.

1. Fan base is burnt out on losing

2. Fan base is tired of SL

3. Tday weekend 

It will be an echo chamber. 

I was pretty disappointed in the Homecoming attendance for a few reasons. 1. Homecoming 2. Playing bowl eligibility 3. Beautiful weather 4. Team was playing decently well

I'll be honest, and I might be in the minority here, but I'm not sure I want to be limping into the Alamodome for what will surely be a blowout loss, on national television. I'd almost rather take that Rice L.

1. Avoid a national TV embarrassment. 

2. Seth Littrell will be gone

3. Bowl opponent will be a lesser challenge 

4. Interim coach, hopefully Cobbs, might be able to rejuvenate the team and lead them to a piece of hardware. 

5. Seth Littrell will be gone

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 8

47 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

0 shot.

3. Tday weekend 

I was pretty disappointed in the Homecoming attendance for a few reasons. 1. Homecoming 2. Playing bowl eligibility 3. Beautiful weather 4. Team was playing decently well

I'll be honest, and I might be in the minority here, but I'm not sure I want to be limping into the Alamodome for what will surely be a blowout loss, on national television. I'd almost rather take that Rice L.

4. Interim coach, hopefully Cobbs, might be able to rejuvenate the team and lead them to a piece of hardware. 

Although this does sound a little dark and dreary, it could very well be true. 

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

0 shot.

3. Tday weekend 

Wow, this is not optimistic at all...very, very negative. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, untjim1995 said:

Wow, this is not optimistic at all...very, very negative. 

Future optimism. And it's not be placating what I KNOW will happen over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again because of trumped up reasons of A-B-C and X-Y-Z. But hoping for change to be made with an understanding the reality and the probability of our future realities if said change isn't made. 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, untphd said:

Although this does sound a little dark and dreary, it could very well be true. 

I think it's a safe assumption. Looking at the first UNT v utsa boxscore it's a miracle we didn't get hammered. No way we don't lose that game by at least a few touchdowns this time around, unfortunately. If I looked at a box score blind to any game and saw that, I'd assume a 2-3 TD game. I'll never blatantly root against UNT, but don't call me looking for a shoulder to cry on if we drop the Rice game. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Future optimism. And it's not be placating what I KNOW will happen over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again because of trumped up reasons of A-B-C and X-Y-Z. But hoping for change to be made with an understanding the reality and the probability of our future realities if said change isn't made. 

You should be more positive...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

0 shot.

3. Tday weekend 

Add in high school playoffs going on also.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

You should be more positive...

Is being realistic being negative? SL is expected to beat Rice and lose to UTSA if that happens. It's the truth, whether either happens or not is a probability dependent on circumstances. Nothing in the years that SL has been here have shown he will reverse the trend of winning games he shouldn't. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

Is being realistic being negative? SL is expected to beat Rice and lose to UTSA if that happens. It's the truth, whether either happens or not is a probability dependent on circumstances. Nothing in the years that SL has been here have shown he will reverse the trend of winning games he shouldn't. 

He's just trying to be funny. A few months ago I suggested to him maybe try being more positive when he was word vomiting his usual diatribe of UNT is a music school and only ever will be, the 17, money is a major problem, budgets, lovelace and SL are bffs, etc etc 

His reponse was he'll point out my negative posts. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

He's just trying to be funny. A few months ago I suggested to him maybe try being more positive when he was word vomiting his usual diatribe of UNT is a music school and only ever will be, the 17, money is a major problem, budgets, lovelace and SL are bffs, etc etc 

His reponse was he'll point out my negative posts. 

Ah, got it. 

• Upvote 1