Mean Green Baseball Project seeks to revive former Division I team

Coach Andy Mac

• 2 months later...

Attention North Texas Baseball fans…

As promised, next Wednesday, February 1, my Breakfast Kiwanis Club will be having Danny Suges speaking on the status of the reviving of North Texas Baseball.  He will provide need of conversations he and other baseball promoters have had with Jared Mosley.  

We meet at 7:00am at Rudy’s and if you’ll come, I’ll buy your breakfast.  Just find me and I’ll do the rest.  

Joe Holland.  940) 206-5177

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

Eagle83.  That idea has been discussed.  Having a practice facility in Denton and playing at the RoughRiders stadium the first few years is absolutely an intriguing idea.  We have also been approached by minor league operations who have an interest in discussing building a stadium.  Our group is committed to helping get this athletic center built and then we think baseball should be next.  The interest from the DFW baseball world has been outstanding and we feel we have an administration that wants baseball to happen sooner rather than later now.  Both Danny Suges and Kevin Mckinney will be at the Kiwanis breakfast and both of these guys are absolutely committed to the cause and are studs.  

meangreenbaseball.com

Sincerely,

Doug Rush

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

Baseball fans !  In keeping with baseball traditions, we are issuing a RAIN CHECK for the talk Danny Suges was to give at the Denton Breakfast Kiwanis Club Wednesday morning.  Since there is threatening weather, we are postponing Danny’s talk to Wednesday, February 15.  Still at 7:00am.  Still at Rudy’s.  And I’ll still buy your breakfast.  Put this new date on your calendar and I’ll see everyone Wednesday February 15.  Play ball North Texas.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Doug Rush said:

Eagle83.  That idea has been discussed.  Having a practice facility in Denton and playing at the RoughRiders stadium the first few years is absolutely an intriguing idea.  We have also been approached by minor league operations who have an interest in discussing building a stadium.  Our group is committed to helping get this athletic center built and then we think baseball should be next.  The interest from the DFW baseball world has been outstanding and we feel we have an administration that wants baseball to happen sooner rather than later now.  Both Danny Suges and Kevin Mckinney will be at the Kiwanis breakfast and both of these guys are absolutely committed to the cause and are studs.  

meangreenbaseball.com

Sincerely,

Doug Rush

Thanks for all you are doing to bring baseball back @Doug Rush

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/24/2023 at 10:00 AM, greenjoe said:

Attention North Texas Baseball fans…

As promised, next Wednesday, February 1, my Breakfast Kiwanis Club will be having Danny Suges speaking on the status of the reviving of North Texas Baseball.  He will provide need of conversations he and other baseball promoters have had with Jared Mosley.  

We meet at 7:00am at Rudy’s and if you’ll come, I’ll buy your breakfast.  Just find me and I’ll do the rest.  

Joe Holland.  940) 206-5177

When you reschedule please let me know. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2023 at 3:26 PM, Jonnyeagle said:

When you reschedule please let me know. 

Since there is threatening weather, we are postponing Danny’s talk to Wednesday, February 15.  Still at 7:00am.  Still at Rudy’s.  And I’ll still buy your breakfast.  Put this new date on your calendar and I’ll see everyone Wednesday February 15.  Play ball North Texas.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

It’s finally here !  Let’s talk about a future with North Texas Baseball in it.

Wednesday, February 15 ( the day after Valentine’s Day, speaking of diamonds), meet at Rudy’s on I-35 in Denton at 7:00am to hear Danny Suges talk about what needs to happen to bring baseball back to UNT.  

We will meet in the back dining room.  Tell the order window you’re with the Denton Breakfast Club meeting.  

I’m inviting Bret Vito so bring you questions and let’s talk NT Baseball.  

14 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

We had a good group.  Among them, DR-C sports writer Bret Vito.  I appreciate him starting his day so early.  We sang “Take me out to the ball game” and modified the “root, root, root” part to “root, root, root, for the Mean Green…”.  Fun breakfast.  GO MEAN GREEN-BASEBALL

Any updates on what was said?

There are lots of facets to this project.  The first and biggest is the expansion of the  Athletic Complex.  This $40 million re-do is first in line and will be completed before any sport, men or women, is added.  $20 mil is to come from donors and $20 mil from “the University.”  Then, the facility.  Several possibilities here, including an on-campus stadium, a collaborative project with a minor league group and being part of a convention, rodeo, baseball park trifecta.  There are advantages/disadvantages to all.  However, partnering with another would quicken the wait to get cleats on the field.  

Bottom line, open your wallet.

• Upvote 3