What does it take for Seth to stay now?

Jonnyeagle

What does it take for Seth to stay now?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What does it take for Seth to stay now?

• He must win Rice
    • He must win Rice and CUSA Championship Game
    • He must win Rice and CUSA Championship Game and Bowl Game
    • He has run out of chances and it time for a new coach

I am not impressed with SL making it to the championship game (if he even does that).  It took a big rule change to even make this possible. If this was any other year he wouldn't even be going because UTSA would be our division rep.  

Furthermore, this is a down year for the league.  

Lastly, I still can't get over the body of work or the lack of fan interest due to mediocrity of our program or the wildly inconsistent teams he consistently puts out there or that the direction of this program has just been stagnant.  

Even if we beat rice, the championship game and the bowl game.... I don't care much for holding on to him.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Put me in the group that thinks that we should/will have another coach next season.  Seth should be examined on his body of work.  In fact, I don't see him winning the conference championship and five years of bowls without a bowl win doesn't make this season look any better.

Secondly, I put more faith in Wren Baker.  Although he may not want to, he has the wisdom to see the big picture and know that it will require another coach to handle the stepped-up competition.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

2 hours ago, Travis said:

I am not impressed with SL making it to the championship game (if he even does that).  It took a big rule change to even make this possible. If this was any other year he wouldn't even be going because UTSA would be our division rep.  

Furthermore, this is a down year for the league.  

Lastly, I still can't get over the body of work or the lack of fan interest due to mediocrity of our program or the wildly inconsistent teams he consistently puts out there or that the direction of this program has just been stagnant.  

Even if we beat rice, the championship game and the bowl game.... I don't care much for holding on to him.  

Excellent points!! 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Dickey’s hardware came befor Troy and FAU joined the Sun Belt. He lost to each during the 26 game conference streak. If you pull UTSA and UAB, we’d be king of the conference right now.

So in the same sentence you hit the nail on the head on how watered down our expectations are. Correctly referencing the weakness of the Sun Belt and then saying we would need a equally weak C-USA to be on top. Our goal needs to be that we can win any G5 conference regardless who we line up against.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

29 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

So in the same sentence you hit the nail on the head on how watered down our expectations are. Correctly referencing the weakness of the Sun Belt and then saying we would need a equally weak C-USA to be on top. Our goal needs to be that we can win any G5 conference regardless who we line up against.

Yes

• Upvote 2

7 years

.500 record

No hardware

There really is nothing to discuss…he’s mediocre.  If the donors, Wren and Neal want mediocre…they have their guy.  If they want to take the next step, and moving into the AAC seems to say they do, then they have to make a change.

• Upvote 3

No matter what happens this year, Seth should be let go. UNT needs a new Coach going into the AAC. Does Wren have the balls to attempt to move NT football to the next level? You know what you have in SL. Time to make a statement and move on, Wren. 

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1