What does it take for Seth to stay now?

Jonnyeagle

What does it take for Seth to stay now?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What does it take for Seth to stay now?

• He must win Rice
    • He must win Rice and CUSA Championship Game
    • He must win Rice and CUSA Championship Game and Bowl Game
    • He has run out of chances and it time for a new coach

Does not fit in your poll, but Littrell (NT) must beat Rice.  I think he could survive another close UTSA loss, a blow out and he is gone.  

The Bowl game is I don't think a meaningful factor until the opponent is known.  A bad game in the bowl defined as a loss to another g5 or blow out by any team and he is probably gone.  Likewise a win over a mid-level G5 team should not help him. 

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

2 out of the next 3 games is minimal.  One of those wins has to be Rice.   And if he losses against UTSA it has to be close.  Similarly the only acceptable loss would have to be a P5 opponent or a ranked G5 team.  It was a bad idea to bring him back for 2022.   So from my perspective bringing him back for AAC without a great finish in CUSA this year would be beyond stupid.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

57 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I could be wrong, but I do think there’s a disconnect between what fans think is needed for him to keep his job vs. where Wren is actually setting the bar. I think Baker is looking for any excuse to keep him, not the other way around.

Sadly, and I hope I you and I are wrong, this is something I have also thought after last year. For all the good Wren has done, he does not seem to want to confront big money donors and coaches under contract. I also think this is why a P5 has not hired him away.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

I could be wrong, but I do think there’s a disconnect between what fans think is needed for him to keep his job vs. where Wren is actually setting the bar. I think Baker is looking for any excuse to keep him, not the other way around.

Yeah, I'm afraid of this. I don't understand as to why. Regardless of what happens the remaineder of this season, there is 0% chance of Seth Littrell having success in the AAC. Zero. That alone should trigger change. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Sadly, and I hope I you and I are wrong, this is something I have also thought after last year. For all the good Wren has done, he does not seem to want to confront big money donors and coaches under contract. I also think this is why a P5 has not hired him away.

Respectfully, this is just a load of wildly speculative BS with nothing to support it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, untbowler said:

after having the big show of hitting 6, would it not be a straight wake up calls if no bowl comes calling for a 7/6 or 6/6 team? See last year, with out Ryan buying a bowl game the team would have been sitting at home.

I don't think so.   I think NT would have gone bowling regardless.   
Lots of bowls would have been interested in a team on a 6-game win streak including knocking off a ranked squad in "impressive" fashion.

It just so happened that GBR could step up to the plate and sponsor the last bowl game that ESPN wanted anyway since some low-level California bowl game cancelled itself when Covid was hot.   
And if you're NT, why not basically host a bowl game to get that elusive bowl game win?    Littrell'd.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Respectfully, this is just a load of wildly speculative BS with nothing to support it. 

Has he got rid of any coaches under contract? 7th year coach paid at the top level of G5 - are you satisfied? Are you one of the ones who thinks we're ole UNT and should not expect more? It's a reflection on our program that we are even having this conversation in year seven. But by all means, let's keep taking jabs at other programs when ours is in the state it is; after all it will probably make you feel better.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Has he got rid of any coaches under contract? 7th year coach paid at the top level of G5 - are you satisfied? Are you one of the ones who thinks we're ole UNT and should not expect more? It's a reflection on our program that we are even having this conversation in year seven. But by all means, let's keep taking jabs at other programs when ours is in the state it is; after all it will probably make you feel better.

You're talking like he's already brought Littrell back for next year. I'm just saying it's irresponsible to say Wren can't deal with donors or fire coaches when you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. And to say that's why he hasn't been hired away is laughable. 

Bitter fans are going to be bitter, I guess. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

You're talking like he's already brought Littrell back for next year. I'm just saying it's irresponsible to say Wren can't deal with donors or fire coaches when you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. And to say that's why he hasn't been hired away is laughable. 

Bitter fans are going to be bitter, I guess. 

Where is your "clue" that he has stood up to the money donors? 

Bitter "I know more than you" fans are going to be bitter trying to prove how smart they are, I guess. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

37 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

You’re making $750,000 a year. You do what you’re told to do. 

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 1