What needs to happen?

NTSU52

And it would be vs UTSA @ the Alamodome for sure? Just trying to make sure my travel plans are correct.

25 minutes ago, untbowler said:

Rice loses  and we win they have 3 losses and we have TB over WKY even if we lose to Rice

5 minutes ago, keith said:

We clinch today with a win @ UAB *and* a Rice loss -or- a win against Rice at the final game. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

There will be 5k fans in the stands for Saturday after Thanksgiving home game.

CUSA really screwed us on having two years in a row of Saturday after Thanksgiving home games.  

Not even 5k in the seats but that maybe reported. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, ADLER said:

We have to beat Rice. Otherwise, the winner of WKU-FAU (with 2 conference losses) will play in the CUSA Championship in San Antonio.

I almost hate to say it, but there is a lose-to-Rice scenario that still gets us to the Championship game:

1 - Rice loses at home to UTSA and FAU loses @ MTSU this week.

2 - FAU then beats WKU (@ FAU) next week.

This would result in a 3-way tie with 3 losses between us, WKU, and FAU, which we would win first tiebreak with wins over both.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that, but that would be a totally SL thing to have happen.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Anybody dug into what happens with a 4-way tie of 5-3 teams?

UNT: currently 5-2,  loses to Rice to go 5-3;  has wins over WK, FAU and loss to Rice

WKY:  currently 5-2,  loses to FAU to go 5-3;  has win over Rice and loss to UNT

FAU: currently 4-2,  loses to MUTS and beats WKY to go 5-3;  has wins over Rice, WKY and loss to UNT

Rice: currently 3-3, wins over UTSA,UNT to go 5-3; has wins over UNT and losses to FAU, WKY but is only team to beat UTSA

Does Judy select Rice since they are the only team to beat UTSA? 
Or FAU since they didn't play them? 
Or WKY since they are staying in CUSA?

The chances of Rice beating UTSA is pretty slim which still gives us the lead in a 3-way tie since we beat the other two.
Also doubtful that the FAU,WKY,MUTS results happen as described.

Would SL survive backing into the champ game with another loss and then get blown out UTSA followed by losing some obscure bowl game?

• Upvote 3

I’ll tell you what needs to happen, a change. To even be discussing a four way tie is sad.  We need a change in coaching and a change in attitude. A WINNING attitude would be nice but we cannot win an important game against a decent opponent.  I do not know how for sure but it has to change and soon.  Rant over, I’m tired.

• Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

FAU would have to lose to MTSU this week and beat WKU the week after for us to lose and get in.

I don't think FAU will lose to MTSU but its up to us to take care of business and beat RICE. My concern is which UNT team will show up,the team that pounded WK or the same team a week later getting pounded by UAB.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, wardly said:

I don't think FAU will lose to MTSU but its up to us to take care of business and beat RICE. My concern is which UNT team will show up,the team that pounded WK or the same team a week later getting pounded by UAB.

I still think we win, but I hate that it had to come down to the last week.

• Upvote 1

On 11/14/2022 at 8:07 AM, TheColonyEagle said:

Yep...then Littrell heads to his 3rd bowl game with an actual losing record. Amazing

Yep, that would be six bowl games in seven seasons... yet, that would be only two winning records in seven seasons, with all of them ending badly.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2