Position-by-position breakdown for UAB vs. North Texas

Coach Andy Mac

Quarterback

Jacob Zeno has performed admirably the last three weeks since being thrust into action on the road against Western Kentucky, but Dylan Hopkins has been a full participant in practice this week and was named the starter by UAB interim head coach Bryant Vincent. Zeno could still see some action this week considering the progression during his time as the starter.

Before sustaining a concussion against the Hilltoppers, Hopkins led the Blazers to a 4-2 record while passing for 1,233 yards, 7 touchdowns and 2 interceptions, adding 119 yards and 2 scores on the ground. In his time subbing for the former, Zeno has completed 60 percent of his passes for 557 yards, 4 touchdowns and 2 interceptions.

North Texas quarterback Austin Aune is one of the oldest players currently in C-USA, due to playing a few years of minor league baseball, and is as experienced as any play of the team. The junior has completed 58.2 percent of passes for 2,753 yards, throwing for 28 touchdowns and 11 interceptions, and leads the Mean Green’s 24th-ranked passing offense (285.2 ypg). Backup Grant Gunnell has taken few snaps this season and Stone Earle is a threat in running packages, rushing for 90 yards and a score on 16 carries. Advantage: Even

Read more:  https://www.al.com/uab/2022/11/position-by-position-breakdown-for-uab-vs-north-texas.html

I got through the QBs and all the way to the next position groups, the RBs when i realized that he knwos really nothing about NT other than the numbers. Otherwise he might have noticed how many of NTs RBs are injured (not that one should take that to mean the RBs aren't still quality. That RB chart is deeeeep

4 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Wow, according to the UAB article: NT does not have a chance.  Wonder why UAB hasn't won more games with an All-Star cast this writer thinks they have?

Which article?   The one that was posted above I think has more positions going to Advantage NT?  I skimmed it, maybe I missed some points within the paragraphs.

• Upvote 2