Another reason why I'm glad we're out of CUSA

meanJewGreen

This is better than what CUSA currently has, IMO. They turned down a similar deal years ago in favor of the Stadium/Facebook model, which helped reduce the conference to what it is today. 

*EDIT- did not realize they were shifting ALL conference games to midweek (Tues-Friday). That really sucks for fans. I figured it was just a couple games per week. 

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 7
  • Puking Eagle 1

8 hours ago, outoftown said:

These are very nice schedules. They bring home why the move to the AAC is better than what was in C-USA. And yet I think a 2-division setup would have been even better for NT, as it could have kept UTSA all 4 years, and the same with Tulsa, Rice, UAB and Tulane,

Ooops. That was the wrong thread. Thought that was in the AAC one.

The new C-USA deal sucks balls. 750k for giving up on October attendance. maybe this is better what C-USA has already, I don't know. But it is still horrible. If you contrast it with the AAC new schedule, leaving sure was the right move. Leaving early like the sun belt defectors would probably have been an even better move.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

Guess I'm different than most here in that I hope this works for them. The MAC has been doing it for years and the national exposure is a great benefit. They are basically doubling their money. Will be interesting to see how creative the schools get to get people to the games. 

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

9 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Lot of criticism for midweek games that draw good viewer numbers because of lack of competition. 

Whether it is worth the scheduling problems and usually poor attendance, is a valid question; but a national audience is nothing to discount. 

except they will have MAC competition.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

And Judy gets to continue being the First Female Commissioner in College Football History!!!!!

Not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China. 

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China. 

In case you hadn't noticed, she sucks donkey balls at her job. Yet, she has stayed in that job since 2015, with great moves such as showing games on Facebook, for aligning us with bowl games in The Bahamas and in Hawaii, and for getting Jacksonville State, Kennesaw State, New Mexico State, and Sam Houston State into her conference. I wonder why?

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2