DRC: UNT survives test from Southern Nazarene in season opener

Brett Vito

26 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I thought Stone was a sharp shooter when he came to UNT.  I don't remember him making a basket?  Could have missed with all the missed shots last night.

One play that surprised me was when we played pressure defense  and tried to trap the player with the ball and a SNC scored easily.  

Hopefully Stone can find his shot. I'm probably wrong here but he seems like a high-energy guy. Similar to Scott but less length and athleticism. Would be good for Stone to find ways to be more productive on offense.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

I thought Stone was a sharp shooter when he came to UNT.  I don't remember him making a basket?  Could have missed with all the missed shots last night.

One play that surprised me was when we played pressure defense  and tried to trap the player with the ball and a SNC scored easily.  

Stone appears to be rushing his shot.  He just needs to relax and let the game come to him.

• Upvote 2

Just now, UNTLifer said:

Stone appears to be rushing his shot.  He just needs to relax and let the game come to him.

You may be right but the problem is he’s a huge liability on defense.  I don’t think people understand we will be playing teams like Memphis in the not too distant AAC future.  We can’t be scrambling against mediocre DII teams.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This guy I know named Andrew said that SNU threw the game by not playing their starters in the 2nd half.  He’s working on a real Woodward and Bernstein piece that is going to bring Grant, Wren, AND Seth!  The smoking gun…Wren always goes in the north tunnel at halftime (where the visitors locker room is).  He submitted a FOIA request for hallway surveillance film that allegedly shows Wren, Seth, and Grant stuffing multiple $100’s from their personal fat wallets into an envelope and slipping it under the door of the SNU locker room.  ESPN 30 for 30 is also on the case and Andrew has taken the rest of the week off work to guide Bob Ley around campus.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

7 minutes ago, 2020 Sucks said:

This guy I know named Andrew said that SNU threw the game by not playing their starters in the 2nd half.  He’s working on a real Woodward and Bernstein piece that is going to bring Grant, Wren, AND Seth!  The smoking gun…Wren always goes in the north tunnel at halftime (where the visitors locker room is).  He submitted a FOIA request for hallway surveillance film that allegedly shows Wren, Seth, and Grant stuffing multiple $100’s from their personal fat wallets into an envelope and slipping it under the door of the SNU locker room.  ESPN 30 for 30 is also on the case and Andrew has taken the rest of the week off work to guide Bob Ley around campus.

BFD080A3-4436-4E73-A20A-6310ADA9ACFE.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1