If Seth beats UAB on the road should he be extended?

cousin oliver

If Seth beats UAB on the road should he be extended?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. If Seth beats UAB on the road should he be extended?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, gordo nation said:

If Seth wins either a conference championship or a bowl game, we extend him

I really don't think a school like UNT has the right to fire a head coach after a winning season

What exactly are you implying with “a school like UNT”?

Is this Vito??

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Pissed 1

47 minutes ago, NT80 said:

What exactly are you implying with “a school like UNT”?

Is this Vito??

That poster obviously has a really low opinion of UNT. If not, there would be no qualifier on it like Vito and most people outside of UNT put on anything related to this program. 

or they’re trolling….

Edit: ok it is a troll 🤦🏼‍♂️ DUH

Carry on 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Sure they do. It's another opportunity against a quality OOC opponent. Sure winning conference is more important, but we need to be able to compete and win against our nonconference peers as well. It also matters in recruiting. Players get to travel more, it shows you're committed to winning trophies(however trivial they may be, they still count for something), and it shows you're on an upward trajectory. 

Of course I’d rather win them than lose, but my opinion is the outcomes don’t matter because the variation on said outcomes varies so wildly. There’s no way to gauge which team is more enthused to be there, which team has players sitting out due to injury or draft stock, etc. 

Bowl games are good for the players because they get free swag and it’s nice to get the check for the athletic department. But I don’t think anyone outside of the crazies of x fanbase remembers which teams won and which teams lost the participation trophy bowls. 

• Upvote 2

Harry
This post was recognized by Harry!

"Valid point"

GrayEagle was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 25 points.

11 hours ago, MrAlien said:

I think its to late, the team is bowl bound and they will certainly use the premise as a recruiting tool.

Until someone points out the fact that they have been in five under this coach and haven't won any.

• Upvote 3

Why even ask such a question?  No one is going to be for writing Littrell a new contract until the regular season is over.  What sense would that make, maybe before the bowl game; but they should wait till that is over.

I remember years ago when NT gave the WBB coach Slinker a new contract after a great season and conference start.  NT went on to lose most of the remaining games and the AD looked like an idiot.

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

If monkeys fly out my but right before my 50th Birthday does the recommendation for regular scheduled Colonoscopies still stand?

I'm not a doctor, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. I believe you would be pretty well cleaned out. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2