How banged up are we?

Hunter Green

Blair went out as well.   Not sure if he'll be ready.

Shorter was no-doubt a concussion.   His head hit the ground HARD on that TD pass.   We'll see if he's ready to go next week.

Not sure about Adeyi, but yeah, Ragsdale is fine.   It's time for Qualon to step up if Johnson and Adeyi can't get back (Adaway is seriously hurt).

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I saw shorter on the sidelines in sweats after halftime.  He looked fine but your never know.  I never saw Adeyi on the sideline.    UAB starting qb has been out and I don't if he is back on the field.

Did the UAB starting QB play against UTSA?

• Upvote 2

Near as I can tell, by the last quarter of the game Saturday we had three completely healthy RB's to rely on.

#6 Ragsdale

#20  Q. Farrar

#21 BK Jackson

Still healing, or not worth risking re-injury....or worse

#23 Isaiah Johnson. I watched the replay of his self-induced injury at the end of the UTSA game, and it looked like how I have rolled/turned an ankle many times through the years (so many times I have permanent swelling around that ankle). Now, was his just a "turned ankle" or a sprained ankle? Or was it broken? Anyone see him on the sideline of the FIU game on crutches/boot etc?  

#27 Attaway. Anyone see him on the sideline of the FIU game using crutches/boot etc? I keep seeing someone post that it's a break. If so, we'll see him next year.

#40 Preston Landis. I observed Mr. Landis on the sideline in full gear but wearing something that looked like this on his right leg. Only his looked a bit heavier duty.

McDavid Knee Sleeve/4-Way Elastic w/Gel Buttress - MD5125

Now, I wear one of these when I am going to walk and lot and climb stairs because I have a torn meniscus. Now. I don't remember seeing him being carried off the field the last time he got into a game, so I have to assume that this is a practice injury. Whatever it was didn't keep him from suiting up fully, but he didn't look "100%" to me. Hopefully he didn't get into the game Saturday because he fell into the "not worth risking further injury" catagory.

Switching someone to RB

If we switched anyone to RB it would be because we needed a "power" runner. We have plenty of speed available. So, the most obvious candidate to me would be Gumms. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Might we see more Stone Earle wildcat? 

I wish they'd give him more options to throw the ball. I get he's in there for a specific package, but mixing it up with a pass or two on those drives could really catch people off guard, especially since he's already running a bunch of read options. Pull the ball and throw a pop pass or a quick slant to keep em honest

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Adeyi's injury didn't look good.  Happened in front of us.  Basically a FIU player landed on him after the play and he immediately grabbed at his.  I could tell if the trainers were looking at his knee or ankle, but he didn't put any pressure on it when leaving the field.  They first took him to the bench and then into the tent.  He never put any pressure on his right leg when being led to the tent as well.  I lost track of him after that.  Hope it isn't, but it look serious.

Coach Cobbs will be busy with Ragsdale, Johnson (hope), Jackson, Farrar and Landis.  Those young men are in good hands.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Near as I can tell, by the last quarter of the game Saturday we had three completely healthy RB's to rely on.

#6 Ragsdale

#20  Q. Farrar

#21 BK Jackson

Still healing, or not worth risking re-injury....or worse

#23 Isaiah Johnson. I watched the replay of his self-induced injury at the end of the UTSA game, and it looked like how I have rolled/turned an ankle many times through the years (so many times I have permanent swelling around that ankle). Now, was his just a "turned ankle" or a sprained ankle? Or was it broken? Anyone see him on the sideline of the FIU game on crutches/boot etc?  

#27 Attaway. Anyone see him on the sideline of the FIU game using crutches/boot etc? I keep seeing someone post that it's a break. If so, we'll see him next year.

#40 Preston Landis. I observed Mr. Landis on the sideline in full gear but wearing something that looked like this on his right leg. Only his looked a bit heavier duty.

Now, I wear one of these when I am going to walk and lot and climb stairs because I have a torn meniscus. Now. I don't remember seeing him being carried off the field the last time he got into a game, so I have to assume that this is a practice injury. Whatever it was didn't keep him from suiting up fully, but he didn't look "100%" to me. Hopefully he didn't get into the game Saturday because he fell into the "not worth risking further injury" catagory.

Switching someone to RB

If we switched anyone to RB it would be because we needed a "power" runner. We have plenty of speed available. So, the most obvious candidate to me would be Gumms. 

Thank you. I like your comments although I love Gumms in his current spot so much that I’d be more inclined to move Trieb, Drummond, Kropp, or Ruder to running back if we need extra.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

I wish they'd give him more options to throw the ball. I get he's in there for a specific package, but mixing it up with a pass or two on those drives could really catch people off guard, especially since he's already running a bunch of read options. Pull the ball and throw a pop pass or a quick slant to keep em honest

I predict we see this in San Antonio….

• Upvote 2

If we need emergency players at RB, I would use the following:

Rod Burns: Played RB in high school.  As a senior, carried 12 times for 120 yards (2TD's) and 60 times for 449 yards (2TD's) as a junior.

Jordan Smart: As a senior in high school, he rushed for 670 yards on  67 carries and 17 TD's.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

If we need emergency players at RB, I would use the following:

Rod Burns: Played RB in high school.  As a senior, carried 12 times for 120 yards (2TD's) and 60 times for 449 yards (2TD's) as a junior.

Jordan Smart: As a senior in high school, he rushed for 670 yards on  67 carries and 17 TD's.

Tom Trieb: High School: Three-year letterwinner at Buffalo Grove High for coach Michael DiMatteo ... Earned All-Mid Suburban Conference and all-area honors as a junior ... Rushed for 952 yards and nine TDs while also recording 80 tackles on defense ... Helped team reach IHSAA 7A playoffs for first time since 2008 

Jace Ruder: Four-star prospect who is ranked No. 12 nationally as a dual-threat quarterback and No. 190 overall by Rivals ... Rated as the No. 317 player in the country, the No. 16 dual-threat quarterback and the No. 1 player in Kansas by the 247Sports composite ... Considered the No. 23 quarterback and the top player in Kansas by ESPN.com ... Threw for 1,232 yards and 13 TDs and ran for 1,032 yards and 15 scores as a senior  

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2

I highly doubt we need to press DEs and TEs into running back service.  Ragsdale can carry the main load and if the two young’ns struggle with pass protection then we can leave the h-back more often as needed. As I said before, probably more likely Earle picks up more carries before they pull people out of position. 

• Upvote 2