UNT @ UAB

TheColonyEagle

27 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

if we don't have at least have one of our running backs back it could be tough.  Ragsdale looked good but behind them I am not sure what we have.  Hoping we get healthy before this weeks game.

Ideyi and Shorter would both be huge losses.   Adeyi is averaging an amazing 8.0 yds/carry this hear.  And, Shorter is no doubt the best WR on the roster.

• Upvote 7

Ironically, this may be the year we finally beat these guys—by doing what they’ve done to us. Every year, UAB just beats us into the ground upfront. They pound us on both sides of the ball. This year, that has become our MO. I think we win this one, which gets SL a guaranteed extension after the regular season, if not after the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 2

9 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Ironically, this may be the year we finally beat these guys—by doing what they’ve done to us. Every year, UAB just beats us into the ground upfront. They pound us on both sides of the ball. This year, that has become our MO. I think we win this one, which gets SL a guaranteed extension after the regular season, if not after the game.

I was with you until the end.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Eye Roll 3

On 11/7/2022 at 8:55 AM, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I get UAB is going to get some love playing at home.  But have these guys watched us play the last few weeks?  Anything more than UAB -3 for being a home team is crazy. I would actually swap that to UNT -3 and bet heavily on that. 

UAB was given a 61% chance of beating us. 

On 11/7/2022 at 2:55 PM, UNTLifer said:

I was with you until the end.

Everything gets Littrell a "guaranteed" extension according to UNTJim. Beat WKU at home? Write up that extension. Beat FIU to a pulp on Homecoming? Write up that extension. Get beat by a future conference member? Doesn’t matter, we were competitive so write up that extension. He's been riding that Littrell "guaranteed" extension bandwagon since before the season even started. 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Everything gets Littrell a "guaranteed" extension according to UNTJim. Beat WKU at home? Write up that extension. Beat FIU to a pulp on Homecoming? Write up that extension. Get beat by a future conference member? Doesn’t matter, we were competitive so write up that extension. He's been riding that Littrell "guaranteed" extension bandwagon since before the season even started. 

Littrell: *sneezes*

UNTJim: There it is, lifetime contract incoming *insert incoherent conspiracy theories on how the "UNT 17" control the media, corporations, and are ushering in the new world order*

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

57 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Littrell: *sneezes*

UNTJim: There it is, lifetime contract incoming *insert incoherent conspiracy theories on how the "UNT 17" control the media, corporations, and are ushering in the new world order*

Tin Foil GIF

*Society Is collapsing and football no longer exists*

untjim: “Well, guess who’s extension that doesn’t affect…”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

We're really dogs to a team that is 4th from bottom in the conference riding a 3 game losing streak against at least 2 teams that we have already killed (WKU, FAU)? I'm not a bettor but if I was, I would absolutely smash those odds.

They took UTSA to 2OT.  They barely lost to FAU and WKU.  I know we beat the brakes off those teams, but it's not far fetched, IMO, to say our wins were helped by them playing very poorly the days we faced them.

FAU, in particular, looks extremely up-and-down
UAB, looks like they can be very competitive (including a 1-possession loss to Liberty), and just fell upon hard luck.

If I understand spreads correctly, 3 points are given to the host team.  They are a 6 point favorite, so a FG separates UAB from us.  Pretty close.

17 minutes ago, greenminer said:

They took UTSA to 2OT.  They barely lost to FAU and WKU.  I know we beat the brakes off those teams, but it's not far fetched, IMO, to say our wins were helped by them playing very poorly the days we faced them.

FAU, in particular, looks extremely up-and-down
UAB, looks like they can be very competitive (including a 1-possession loss to Liberty), and just fell upon hard luck.

If I understand spreads correctly, 3 points are given to the host team.  They are a 6 point favorite, so a FG separates UAB from us.  Pretty close.

I think the reason UAB looks to be Jeckyl & Hyde is because of their Home/Away record.   

Unfortunately for NT, we're playing them in Birmingham, where they are 4-1 on the year, with the lone loss being that double OT loss to UTSA.   UAB is 0-4 on the road this year.   

This game will be a huge factor in whether they go bowling or not (as I doubt they're going to beat LSU).  They're going to give us everything they've got.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, untbowler said:

if Seth wants to keep his job, then he must have the team ready to win this game, injuries or not.

Not sure this is true.  Technically this game doesn't mean much for ole UNT.  All we have to do is beat Rice and we are in the Championship game win or lose Saturday.  Now a win is a big statement and could allow for the Rice game to be meaningless and thus allow us to treat that game as an exhibition for some banged up players, but I don't think Saturdays game will have much say in the Litrell argument if he loses.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

1 hour ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Not sure this is true.  Technically this game doesn't mean much for ole UNT.  All we have to do is beat Rice and we are in the Championship game win or lose Saturday.  Now a win is a big statement and could allow for the Rice game to be meaningless and thus allow us to treat that game as an exhibition for some banged up players, but I don't think Saturdays game will have much say in the Litrell argument if he loses.

Are you sure about this and are you a math major? 😎

• Haha 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

We could lose to UAB and then Rice lose this week and next and we still clinch on the bye.

On 11/9/2022 at 11:22 AM, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think the reason UAB looks to be Jeckyl & Hyde is because of their Home/Away record.   

Unfortunately for NT, we're playing them in Birmingham, where they are 4-1 on the year, with the lone loss being that double OT loss to UTSA.   UAB is 0-4 on the road this year.   

This game will be a huge factor in whether they go bowling or not (as I doubt they're going to beat LSU).  They're going to give us everything they've got.

Someone pointed out that the UAB starting QB will be returning.

We are also out a lot of key guys.

This does not bode well, IMO.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

9 hours ago, greenminer said:

Someone pointed out that the UAB starting QB will be returning.

We are also out a lot of key guys.

This does not bode well, IMO.

Normally, I’d agree with you. We’ve had guys out all year. Davis, Trieb, Addaway, Shorter, Brown, etc and have seen the next man up really take hold. I think this trend continues. 

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1