We Still Need to Be Focused

emmitt01

5 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

We had the weakest schedule just about possible, Dickey would have died to have such an easy go of it. 

Remember WKY beat FIU 73-0 this year. 

I think UNT could have put up 73. Clearly took the foot off the gas. WKU appears to love running up the score considering their 59-7 win against Charlotte today. Kind of like SMU who has 63 on Houston with 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Wonder if Holgerson gets fired today after this performance.

To the original point, I'm not too impressed with todays game because of the bad interceptions. They should have never scored 14. I'm probably being petty but it's irritating to give away points to a bad team.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3

I'm not sure how I feel about the celebration at the end of game, with shirts that say "Bowl Bound."

I want them to celebrate wins, but I also want to know they have their sites set on a 'ship.  I want to know that they are tired of just getting to any bowl.  That they're tired of getting their butts handed to them on national TV.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

32 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I'm not sure how I feel about the celebration at the end of game, with shirts that say "Bowl Bound."

I want them to celebrate wins, but I also want to know they have their sites set on a 'ship.  I want to know that they are tired of just getting to any bowl.  That they're tired of getting their butts handed to them on national TV.

Pretty sure those shirts are given out to every team once they hit 6 wins. I wouldn’t look too much into it. 

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Yes, the TV guys made a big deal that it will be Seth's 6th Bowl trip.   They failed to mention his 0-5 record!

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 5

13 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

To the original point, I'm not too impressed with todays game because of the bad interceptions. They should have never scored 14. I'm probably being petty but it's irritating to give away points to a bad team.

Yeah the three turnovers were disappointing. I do like that the defense didn't let up and shut them out in the second half, though FIU's last drive was confusing. I know it didn't mean anything but I'm surprised they didn't try to score. Just looked like practice was going on.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

Shhhh you’ll ruin the narrative that Littrell has turned the corner.

Mean Green CUSA records by season:

2019, 3-5 for 5th in the West
2020, 3-4 for 4th in the West
2021, 5-3 for 2nd in the West
2022, currently 5-1 in drivers seat for championship match.

If "turn the corner" is supposed to mean beat the OOC you want to beat, and/or compete in AAC, I think you are right.

If this "turn the corner" narrative is supposed mean improve or figure-out-CUSA, I think they have a case.

Casual fans just want to come have a good time and see their Mean Green win, and it doesn't matter to them if CUSA is getting weaker.  But I also feel we have an unhealthy level of "But CUSA sucks" echoing across Denton year after year, and lots of people hear it.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Yeah the three turnovers were disappointing. I do like that the defense didn't let up and shut them out in the second half, though FIU's last drive was confusing. I know it didn't mean anything but I'm surprised they didn't try to score. Just looked like practice was going on.

Why try to runup the score when you can give the bench some valuable playing time?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, p_phelps said:

Next week we will see how good we are. UAB is still a tough team. 

This game on the road @ UAB will tell us what kind of team we have.  You are right, UAB is still a tough opponent, especially on the road.  I fully expect us to -7 underdogs going into this one.  But we were -10 on our last two road trips and nearly beat UTSA and dominated WKU.  

1 minute ago, StealthEagle84 said:

This game on the road @ UAB will tell us what kind of team we have.  You are right, UAB is still a tough opponent, especially on the road.  I fully expect us to -7 underdogs going into this one.  But we were -10 on our last two road trips and nearly beat UTSA and dominated WKU.  

I think we already know what kind of team we have. Team’s going to play hard. Coaches are going to find a way to get our playmakers the ball.  It’s the same thing every week:  If turnovers/mistakes are limited, we’ll win.  Hope our team heals up for Saturday.  Looking forward to it!

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Defense played fine overall. Like you said, it's it's turnovers. 2 interceptions, 2 fumbles (1 lost) against a bad team. The team has played very well these past few weeks but if there's an area to improve on offensively, it's ball security. Can't make those mistakes against UAB or UTSA if we play them again.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

Mean Green CUSA records by season:

2019, 3-5 for 5th in the West
2020, 3-4 for 4th in the West
2021, 5-3 for 2nd in the West
2022, currently 5-1 in drivers seat for championship match.

If "turn the corner" is supposed to mean beat the OOC you want to beat, and/or compete in AAC, I think you are right.

If this "turn the corner" narrative is supposed mean improve or figure-out-CUSA, I think they have a case.

Casual fans just want to come have a good time and see their Mean Green win, and it doesn't matter to them if CUSA is getting weaker.  But I also feel we have an unhealthy level of "But CUSA sucks" echoing across Denton year after year, and lots of people hear it.

You think? That’s really hard-hitting…

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

I’d be more inclined to support Seth if his teams would stop getting boatraced to start the season by scrub programs like SMU or UNLV, and win a bowl game every now and then.

Any time they are overmatched, they just shit the bed in spectacular ways. Until I see something different, I can’t support Seth.

Win a championship, win a bowl game  and then let’s talk. Just exhausting having to make excuses as to why SMU beats the team by 60 every year.

Edited by Coach Mac Andy
  • Upvote 2