Soooo...

Udomann

7 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Again, after a complete blow out of FIU, you think it is time to criticize Littrell. 

Unless you have invented a time machine there is nothing that can be done about past seasons.  

There is no way you or Baker for that matter could know if NT could have got a better coach for $2m. 

Other than learn from them and make educated decisions going forward - I.e. consider getting a better coach? We can celebrate the win today and be unhappy with the past 6.5 seasons. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

When haters can’t bitch about W-L they have to find something, his salary, his personality, past records, the conference. Nothing matters except W-L this year. A&M is not bitching about salary they are upset with W-L! Seth and his teams continue to overcome adversity as a team which is proof how the players feel about the coaching and the system. 

Are you serious?! Lol No wonder mediocrity is accepted here. This is the personification of keeping your head in the sand. 

Of course wins this year matter, but to ignore the past seasons and our shortcomings is ridiculous. Do you want to improve?

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 4

17 minutes ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

Are you serious?! Lol No wonder mediocrity is accepted here. This is the personification of keeping your head in the sand. 

Of course wins this year matter, but to ignore the past seasons and our shortcomings is ridiculous. Do you want to improve?

Is this year an improvement?? Keep digging.

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Is this year an improvement?? Keep digging.

I feel like I need to ask this specific question so we can get on the same page as fans of UNT football. 

What would it take for you to let Littrell go? Because we know you’ll be happy to keep him after 7 seasons at 0.500 with no hardware.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 3

5 minutes ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

I feel like I need to ask this specific question so we can get on the same page as fans of UNT football. 

What would it take for you to let Littrell go? Because we know you’ll be happy to keep him after 7 seasons at 0.500 with no hardware.

6-6 fired 7-5 has to win a bowl game or fired 8-4 renew

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

19 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

Maybe the previous 3-4 seasons... No one was unhappy with his first two years here

No rational person was mad the first three years. Year 1 - huge turn around even with a losing record. Years 2 & 3 - back to back 9 win seasons for the second time ever. If things stay on track, Year 7 - 7 or 8 wins. People are mostly upset about Years 4 & 5 and to a limited degree Year 6. So two or three bad years out of 7. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

6-6 fired 7-5 has to win a bowl game or fired 8-4 renew

Thank you for that. At 7-5 we’ll likely play in the championship game meaning with either be 8-5 or 7-6 going into a bowl if that plays out. I’m with you, I think he needs to win the championship and/or a bowl to get an extension. Otherwise we amicably part ways. 

Season records are important, but collective record is even more, with hardware being the ultimate metric of success, in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

Thank you for that. At 7-5 we’ll likely play in the championship game meaning with either be 8-5 or 7-6 going into a bowl if that plays out. I’m with you, I think he needs to win the championship and/or a bowl to get an extension. Otherwise we amicably part ways. 

Season records are important, but collective record is even more, with hardware being the ultimate metric of success, in my opinion.

For me at the beginning of the season I had 3 goals for Seth, 1. Not get blown out by G5 ( failed) 2. Prove you can develop qb (?) I would much rather see a Grant or Stone preforming well 3. 7-5 win a bowl game, never envisioned playing for a championship which is a huge plus. GMG 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, p_phelps said:

I wanted Seth gone because I thought he failed. If he wins conference. You have to extend him. He figured something out to turn this ship around. The offense looks like the offense under mason for the 1st time in 5 yrs

If it is truly the goal of this program to be in the top 25 then “figuring something out” on game 5 isn’t going to cut it. Seth has been killed in non-conference his entire tenure here. 

We’ve seen this story before. Did Seth really “figure something out” or does CUSA really suck monkey balls. My vote is the latter. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

5 minutes ago, GRN-WHT said:

If it is truly the goal of this program to be in the top 25 then “figuring something out” on game 5 isn’t going to cut it. Seth has been killed in non-conference his entire tenure here. 

We’ve seen this story before. Did Seth really “figure something out” or does CUSA really suck monkey balls. My vote is the latter. 

That’s the thing, it feels like some posters really do think Seth has figured things out, and don’t mind it’s taken so long, or care about his overall record and lack of ooc, bowl, or conference championship wins. 

It’s apparently a controversial take around here.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

Anything less than a conference championship.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

The optimism is based on the idea that - moving forward - this will be a MUCH better than 0.500 team WITH hardware.

I think spinning things the way you did above is not an accurate depiction of what he is thinking.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

2 out of 3 (UTSA, WKU, UAB)

Conference Championship game appearance/win

Bowl WIN 🏆 

Some combination of the above. This would also equate to another 9 win season. We would be a laughing stock if we fired a coach that won 9 games three times in 7 years at North Texas. 

This will lead to 1 of 2 things:

1. 3-5 year extension. Hopefully with a better buyout structure for the university. 
2. He won 9 games x3 at UNT— He gets swooped up by a lower level P5 and he won’t pass it up this time around.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

50 minutes ago, greenminer said:

The optimism is based on the idea that - moving forward - this will be a MUCH better than 0.500 team WITH hardware.

I think spinning things the way you did above is not an accurate depiction of what he is thinking.

There wasn’t any spin in my post. It was an honest question geared at me better understanding where he was coming from with expectations of Littrell. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

There wasn’t any spin in my post. It was an honest question geared at me better understanding where he was coming from with expectations of Littrell. 

All good, man.  I was really talking about the following: "Because we know you’ll be happy to keep him after 7 seasons at 0.500 with no hardware."

Putting it that way makes it sound like they are content with perpetual 0.500 and zero hardware.  No one is content with that long term.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, greenminer said:

All good, man.  I was really talking about the following: "Because we know you’ll be happy to keep him after 7 seasons at 0.500 with no hardware."

Putting it that way makes it sound like they are content with perpetual 0.500 and zero hardware.  No one is content with that long term.

You’re correct, he didn’t say that and I would agree nobody should be content with perpetual 0.500. That’s actually why I asked the follow up question to better understand his position.

Edited by UNTethered Eagle

One thing we do all have to commend is SL knows how to keep his lockeroom united. We were all surprised by the comeback sweep last year and the refocus after OOC this year. We've all seen how teams give up and quit many times here, so outside of whatever happens the rest of this season I have to tip my hat to him and his staff for that. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

Despite the influx of money in recent years, I do believe it is hard to win at North Texas and even harder to change the culture both in fan support and in recruiting. We are 10-1 in our last 11 conference games. 

Of course, we need to see the job finished. We need to win the next two games. UAB is tough. Rice shouldn’t be. 

I’m sorry if you wanted something else. I’ve seen plenty of you openly root against the team to get this coach fired. But 8-4 (7-1 in conference) with a conference championship game appearance would deserve immense praise and an instant contract extension. Seth would and should be able to dictate his terms. 

Edited by Pellom
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1