Soooo...

Udomann

1 hour ago, Udomann said:

image.png.2ffceb23b66b83573d3290269d9a3a74.png

Bowl eligible. Obviously its happening, love it or hate it

I ain't crazy about it, but I'm here for it. Lets just get that conf championship

Bowl eligibility isn’t going to do it this year. He will need to play in and be competitive in the conference title game at a minimum to see next year.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

22 minutes ago, greenminer said:

And If we win out, including the bowl, I'm sure I will still be reading posts about how CUSA is down.  Reasons to think we aren't ready for the AAC.  Reasons SL should still be gone. etc

Well, still, its ok to disagree, but are those reasons undeniably wrong? I'm in the camp of Seth had done what he can, lets pass the baton. It's not black and white 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

Why doesn't SL give the backups playing time?   They need to use to the speed of the game and blowout it is good time help them develop.  Plus maybe you avoid injuries to your starters.  I say Shorter in sweats walking on the sidelines after half time.  Hope is ok and they just kept out to save him for next week,  the running back injury did not look good and I didn't see him after halftime.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, keith said:

Soooo…many would rather have their 2-10 or 3-9 predictions come true than enjoy the season.  Sad.  Life is short y’all.  Don’t let your animus for a coach or a QB ruin it for you.  

Y'all need to stop minimizing those who think it could be better. Seth can win it all, but can you honestly say we couldn't do better at 2million a year?

No one wants to lose. Or see someone hurt. We just expect more after 7 years and a huge payday

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

54 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Y'all need to stop minimizing those who think it could be better. Seth can win it all, but can you honestly say we couldn't do better at 2million a year?

No one wants to lose. Or see someone hurt. We just expect more after 7 years and a huge payday

Again, after a complete blow out of FIU, you think it is time to criticize Littrell. 

Unless you have invented a time machine there is nothing that can be done about past seasons.  

There is no way you or Baker for that matter could know if NT could have got a better coach for $2m. 

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

8 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

There is no way you or Baker for that matter could know if NT could have got a better coach for $2m. 

Seeing as how other schools have been more successful without spending as much on a coach like we have tends to tell me we could have. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, GrandGreen said:

Really, so what does all the unsuccessful coaches that make more tell you?

Not sure your point. Could it be worse? Sure I guess. But that isn’t what we are disputing. You act as if it couldn’t be better. And without a doubt it could be and others have proven it so. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

Two questions:

- What happened to the insider conspiracy that Seth is gone no matter what that was posted on a here a few days ago? People are posting like an extension is a foregone conclusion.

- Why is it mutually exclusive for a poster to support the current team and desiring a new coach at the same time? Hint, it’s not.

I really hate the gaslighting that goes on over wanting Littrell gone after 7 seasons and him averaging 0.500 with no hardware in the case. All while we’re taking a step up in conferences next season. He’s underperformed based on his pay and tools. Thanks him for lifting us out of the dark ages but we’re not quite in the Age of Enlightenment yet.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

30 minutes ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

Two questions:

- What happened to the insider conspiracy that Seth is gone no matter what that was posted on a here a few days ago? People are posting like an extension is a foregone conclusion.

- Why is it mutually exclusive for a poster to support the current team and desiring a new coach at the same time? Hint, it’s not.

I really hate the gaslighting that goes on over wanting Littrell gone after 7 seasons and him averaging 0.500 with no hardware in the case. All while we’re taking a step up in conferences next season. He’s underperformed based on his pay and tools. Thanks him for lifting us out of the dark ages but we’re not quite in the Age of Enlightenment yet.

Appreciate this post. He’s the second highest paid conference (formerly the highest by a wide margin). I expect him to perform like that.

what’s his CUSA record? What’s his record in bowl games? He’s currently 1-4 against future aac teams (win against fau and I count unlv as a higher conference team as well) 

we can appreciate what he did this year but also understand this is the standard for what we’re paying him 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Yesterday was pretty good, treating a bad team exactly like on should treat a team that is inferior. Last week sure was also pretty nice. but you look at the overall season and you notice that the schedule was pillow soft. 3 OOC losses against teams that are a combined 10-14 against opponents not named NT, and 2 of them might easily miss a bowl; 2 losses were blowouts to teams that really don't look all that great in hindsight. The best win? Probably a 6-4 WKU team I have my questions about. After that? 4-5 FAU?

Like last year, the team is clearly getting better in the second half than it was in the first half and I enjoyed the last two weeks quite a bit. That does not excuse all the suckitude of the first half (yet again). And if they make it to the conference championship and win it, well that is a title and NT shouldn't fire someone who wins hardware. Winning in SA sure would change the narrative a bit. He would have to be extended for recruiting reasons if nothing else.  The extension should not be 3 additional years, and should have more favorable buyout clauses than the last one. Maybe SL HAS figured something out, finally. But until we see it repeatedly against good teams I don't see that it requires getting fleeced in contract negotiations again.

Still, if NT wins the conference, I do wonder if SL wouldn't be going elsewhere by himself.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1